11 Year Old Greyhound In Renbury

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to ssee this poor old boy end up in kennels in winter so if another adoption doesn't come up, I'd be happy to organise some proper rescue for him.

Is that what will happen is GR takes him? Why do some "rescues" do that? A cage is a cage is a cage.

Probably.

I suppose the thinking is.. better in a kennel than dead. Personally, I don't agree with it and I don't think it does much for an animal's mental health (especially not a greyhound) but I guess it comes down to the ethics of the individual.

I just want this old guy out and parked on a couch. I have two oldies myself and they need that extra bit of warmth and comfort.

How many doonas and blankets? All of mine end up with a doona of their own, with an extra fleece blanket or two, and a pillow on their beds. As well as a jacket if necessary.

Have I mentioned that I have a T-shirt that says: "I don't spoil my greyhound. I'm just very accommodating."

How many doonas and blankets? All of mine end up with a doona of their own, with an extra fleece blanket or two, and a pillow on their beds. As well as a jacket if necessary.

Have I mentioned that I have a T-shirt that says: "I don't spoil my greyhound. I'm just very accommodating."

My fat old bastard has six square metres of vetbed piled up under his bum to pad the old hips a bit. Let me tell you something.. it pays to cut large lengths into smaller lengths so that when elderly dog has an accident in his bed, you aren't trying to fit a 3sqm piece of vetbed into the washing machine and then getting it stuck there and spattering the laundry walls with wee when you try to yank the whole lot back out :o

The things we learn from experience..

:rofl:

Yep, dog beds, great way to kill a washing machine :o like when you jam the polyfill ones in, they tear and wrap the stuffing into the vital bits and fry the motor. lol.

Or clog up the pipes with wads of stuffing, resulting in a whole load of water flooding the laundry. Worst thing is, I've done that more than once >.>

What about Bosley's pink t-shirt Maddy? Does he still have that one :p

What about Bosley's pink t-shirt Maddy? Does he still have that one :p

He looks vewy pwetty in pink :scold: