Help Please, Swollen Penis. Keeps Getting Stuck Out

I've seen the penis stuck out before on other dogs (mostly because of the sheath rolling in on itself) and have always managed to correct it quickly but that isn't what is happening here. I can get my finger under the skin of sheath and pull it to try and get it over his penis but it won't stay there. So far very time it has corrected itself eventually and his penis hasn't dried out or lost circulation (wellnot enough to have caused major harm at this stage) but it does get cold.

I'm thinking get he might need the surgery to make the hole just a little more open.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes as the penis is going back into the sheath, the sheath can roll back into itself and prevent or make the return of the penis harder. This may be what is happening to your boy. If so maybe it can be surgically corrected.

This is what used to happen to my boy. I was able to gently pull on hairs to get the sheath unrolled.

Sometimes as the penis is going back into the sheath, the sheath can roll back into itself and prevent or make the return of the penis harder. This may be what is happening to your boy. If so maybe it can be surgically corrected.

This is what used to happen to my boy. I was able to gently pull on hairs to get the sheath unrolled.

I've had to do that too :o kind of gently unroll it and pull it back into place then add some olive oil or whatever was handy (and dog-lick-safe LOL)

I've never seen the OP's problem, but I've heard of a somewhat approximate thing happening in uncircumsised adolescent (boys) where everything is too tight to function the way it should without awful pain, and needed surgical correction.

I had a desexed SBT boy who started getting raging erections that wouldn't go down when he was about 10. Our issue seemed to be linked to a leap over a retaining wall that his boy bits did not successfully clear one day and it all started not long after that. From memory it always happened after rigorous exercise. His body would hunch over and he did not look like he was enjoying himself at all. My vet said either I can ease it back into the sheath with some lubricant (blerch) or I can hold something frozen on it, I'm assuming to dilate the blood vessels. So I had a pack of frozen vegetables with his name on them that I would put in a light towel and hold over him until it went down. I loved him but not enough to lube him up.

Our 4 year old male often has a stiff penis (not the best description I know, but it actually remains inside if you get what I mean :o) and he walks stiff legged (no pun intended) that I used to wonder what was wrong, but DOLers in here put me at ease. After a couple of mins he is moving around again quite freely. Thank goodness it goes back in on it's own. He was desexed at 2, so not sure if that makes a difference.

Only on DOL would it be completely normal to have a whole conversation about the different ways people have had to manipulate their dog's penises LOL

That said I love threads like this because it makes me more aware of things I may have to look for when I do actually have a boy dog!

I hope your little man is having less trouble with his little man soon :p

Edited by kelpiecuddles

That thought crossed my mind too. I was no sure if dogs had wet dreams

Yes they can.

I had my entire male asleep next to me on the bean bag, he started to twitch a bit then it became rhythmic. Pulled back the blanket and he had ejaculated and was still asleep.

My bitch was in season but was at my kennels not at the house.

Yes they can.

I had my entire male asleep next to me on the bean bag, he started to twitch a bit then it became rhythmic. Pulled back the blanket and he had ejaculated and was still asleep.

Eww, that would be a nasty surprise.

Yes they can.

Eww, that would be a nasty surprise.

Lets just say he was woken up very quickly after being turfed out of the bean bag which was then washed!

Daire had that a few times. i just lubed it up and put it back in.

I will admit to calling a friend hysterical about it and when she got up from the floor from :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: at me she suggested good ole ky jelly to get it back in. Then had to get up off the floor from my reaction to having to lube him up to get it back in the sheath :o

The things we do for our dogs

Edited by Flaves

LOL ejaculation can happen at the most awkward times - never forget the look on a friend's face as she was giving a last minute grooming polish up to her dog ringside on top of the trolley and he suddenly ejaculated all over the trolley!!! "I hardly even touched it!" she said, face flaming as red as a beetroot! laugh.gif

Sorry slightly OT but had to share that memory!

LOL ejaculation can happen at the most awkward times - never forget the look on a friend's face as she was giving a last minute grooming polish up to her dog ringside on top of the trolley and he suddenly ejaculated all over the trolley!!! "I hardly even touched it!" she said, face flaming as red as a beetroot! laugh.gif

Hahaha

Hahaha

Oh my, at least I was the only person to witness Lewis's "moment"

hehehehehe

Well we made it through one night without issue. I kept him on my bed again so I could check. Hardly bloody slept all night!

I'm working today but have a day off tomorrow so will be going to vet to discuss surgery.

I have this issue with my young chap. He will be having the minor circumcision later this year at the same time as another anaesthetic.

In the meantime I have much reduced the problem by keeping his 'manscaping' very short. It seems in his case the hair can get trapped in the tight sheath and be a bit toooo stimulating.

If you are up and about walking it off helps (not useful if it wakes you both!) if you can persuade him and a spray bottle of cold water does work but my boy looks pretty mortified. He has gotten used to it as well which means he is happy to walk it off with me now and the period where he is too uncomfortable to walk has gotten much less.

Apparently this is quite common for males of all species! (its to pay them back for the peeing standing up blessing!)

My boy was desexed at 6 months and last year at 7 he was playing with the Kelpie next door. She was on her back and Scout was straddled over her. She was kicking him and hit his joyful spot which made him air hump and his penis stuck out with an erection and wouldn't go back in [he was very upset over it]. Same used to happen to my entire Sibe. So I just grabbed a cold water compress [folded old towel] and held it to him until his erection went down and the penis went back in - took about 2-3 minutes.