Dog Eats Neighbour.

Zereuloh

http://www.couriermail.com.au/lifestyle/hayley-sulley-and-della-woodss-dog-charlie-ate-neighbour-clifford-clarke-alive-after-being-neglected/story-fnixw28g-1226943651370

Does anyone else find it difficult to believe that a dog that has gone without food for two days would eat someone alive?!?

This seems a rather extreme reaction, I would think something else has gone on here!

I think the "eating" bit is a media beat up.

I don't hold with BSL in any way, shape or form but I have to say there are a few breeds I'm not sorry aren't here in Australia to be crossed and owned by people with SFA knowledge or ability to manage them.

The Presa is a case in point.

Man, that story reads like a tabloid...sounds like the dog was in a 'red zone' and didn't know what it was doing. I can't believe that it would act like that after not eating for 45 hours. Sounds to me the owners set this dog up...eating plastic bowls?? It was probably playing or could have been chewing on it to get food off...who knows.

Sad about the neighbour regardless. Would have been very frightening.

I don't hold with BSL in any way, shape or form but I have to say there are a few breeds I'm not sorry aren't here in Australia to be crossed and owned by people with SFA knowledge or ability to manage them.

Yip. I don't want existing dogs killed, but I'm not keen on this breed being introduced to Australia. If it is the one I'm thinking of , then human aggression is in the breed standard.

Yip. I don't want existing dogs killed, but I'm not keen on this breed being introduced to Australia. If it is the one I'm thinking of , then human aggression is in the breed standard.

Presa standard says "suspicious of strangers". Crossbred with God knows what and in the hands of morons, you are likely to have a lot of dog.

The Fila Standard specifies "aloof with strangers". Both standards penalise aggression but I think its the Fila that judges are never to touch.

Both should be "bold". A very big dog with no social skills and no boundaries that's "bold" ... no thanks.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

I wonder what the truth is about how long it was since this dog was fed. My guess is it was a long longer than 45 hours. Poor dog had neglectful moronic owners. I hope they never get another dog.

Presa standard says "suspicious of strangers". Crossbred with God knows what and in the hands of morons, you are likely to have a lot of dog.

The Fila Standard specifies "aloof with strangers". Both standards penalise aggression but I think its the Fila that judges are never to touch.

Both should be "bold". A very big dog with no social skills and no boundaries that's "bold" ... no thanks.

I think Megan is possibly thinking of the Fila Brasileiro? Breeders breed for "Ojeriza", some take it too far.

Is there a bad journalism award that can be given to that article. Nothing about it is credible. It doesn't even give the date the thing happened! Could have been years ago and dragged up to spice up a slow news day.

"Gary Simpson, senior crown prosecutor with the Mersey-Cheshire Crown Prosecution Service, said Sulley and Woods should have time to reflect on their actions."

So what happened? Did they get fined? Jail time? What were they found guilty of? Or did they get let off on the basis that thinking about the awful day.

Is there a bad journalism award that can be given to that article. Nothing about it is credible. It doesn't even give the date the thing happened! Could have been years ago and dragged up to spice up a slow news day.

"Gary Simpson, senior crown prosecutor with the Mersey-Cheshire Crown Prosecution Service, said Sulley and Woods should have time to reflect on their actions."

So what happened? Did they get fined? Jail time? What were they found guilty of? Or did they get let off on the basis that thinking about the awful day.

They got 12 months in jail I believe. Guilty of Animal cruelty.

I'd never heard of a Presa until this article.

Is there a bad journalism award that can be given to that article. Nothing about it is credible. It doesn't even give the date the thing happened! Could have been years ago and dragged up to spice up a slow news day."Gary Simpson, senior crown prosecutor with the Mersey-Cheshire Crown Prosecution Service, said Sulley and Woods should have time to reflect on their actions."So what happened? Did they get fined? Jail time? What were they found guilty of? Or did they get let off on the basis that thinking about the awful day.

In the article it says

TWO women have been jailed for a year after their neighbour was “literally eaten alive” by their hungry dog.
:)

I remember reading about this when it happened(about a year ago)here's a link to the old thread My link

And the original story from a different website, than in that thread My link

ETA posted the same time as Zereuloh :o

Edited by raffikki