Antlers For Large Dogs

Red Fox

Does anyone know where I can purchase antler chews (split or whole) for large dogs.

I'm looking for something at least 30cm long but can't find anywhere that currently has them in stock.

If not available in Australia can they be purchased from overseas?

Thanks

on ebay a user called naturalpetaustralia has them...I got them for my Amstaffs and they love them

That's where I bought the last lot from. My 26kg Mal was able to shatter a large split antler to pieces in under an hour. Need something bigger...

it depends on the antler itself as well. Some are harder than others. our lab still has the 1st one we got her, but demolished several we've bought since

ETA we just discovered cows hooves - also awesome but smell like cows arse when actively being chewed-dog loves it, but dog likes to share with humans and its not so nice

Edited by sunny1shine

Isn't there a DOLer who sells them? Perhaps search in the "health" forum.

Whelping Supplies did a few years ago. Checked there first but they don't have them now.

I'm.also interested. The same problem happened with the lot we bought of eBay!

Apparently imported antlers must be heat and/or chemically treated, so if they are imported I suppose that could be why they splinter? The ones I bought from eBay were from NZ and not treated, so probably just too small for my dog. Should have checked size with the seller first but just assumed that 'large' would be large.

I got mine from K9Magic.com.au but that was years ago. My dog has hardly made a dint in them and doesn't opt to chew on them very often. They are about 10" long. Have you tried sourcing them there?