Durable Toys

Aussie dog toys. The retrieving yellow thing is a long lasting nighttime chew (2 months is a long time in our house) and a kong woomba that's coming up on a year without signs of breaking the squeaker is still going strong!

Guest donatella

Kong Wubbas. It gets taken off them in the morning as the squeak drives me mental but not a mark on them and my 2 although small will sit and pick at stitching until it busts open but not these bad boys!

If you have a super destructive dog it is also worth looking at what kind of 'toy destroyer' they are;

http://blog.k9pro.com.au/the-indestructible-dog-toy/

Anyone else find the 'tough' toys are usually pretty plain and boring too? Interesting toys that are tough too would make a bomb!

It depends on just how destructive the dog is too. We have toys that are super durable but also fun and interesting (like the Cagey Cube that Kyjen make, the Chuckit range of toys, the West Paw toys, Grinz balls, or our Swing and Fling Durafoam balls etc) but if a dog is super destructive they will destroy any toy.

These dogs generally find the Goughnuts harder to get through, I've only had two sent back for replacements in the past year (out of hundreds).

We just did this in another thread recently. Our most used but least destroyed toy is a JW Hollee Mollee filled with fleece fabric remnants and stuffing (rather than food). I have a snow maker and I used to buy her a stuffed toy from the op shops once a month to destroy but with the ball she makes a confined mess, I pick it all up and stuff it back in the ball and it is all nice and tidy again! Plus we are recycling!

I should add my SBT is very rough on all toys but I've found the JW toys to stimulate her and last that little bit longer. They have lots of noisy stuff which she loves - squeakers, crunchy plastic, that kind of thing and they have legs and bright colours and a range of shapes too so they have become faves in this house.

Edited by Little Gifts

Zig being a staffy cross has managed to chew through everything I have ever given him, except the kong tennis ball.

The kong tennis ball is a squeaky tennis ball (the squeaker is eventually taken out by him or us) but it doesn't puncture and split like normal tennis balls.

The black kong is good and he doesn't chew through this one (but he did the first one I bought).

He also has a cheap treat ball that I got from Pet Stock ages ago - no specific brand. Apart from the tennis balls, this has to be his favourite thing. He gets his kibble in it daily and he has loads of fun rolling it around and chucking it in the air or standing on the arm of my lounge chair and dropping it so the kibble comes out easily.

The K9 Pro tug pack, is awesome and he has a fave in those as well.