Super Cool Short Video Featuring A Belgain Malinois!

I think you can get donut shaped balls?

But maybe you need a donut flavoured ball?

We have an orange chuckit soft Frisbee with a hole in the middle that has been holding up quite well, but I don't leave evil hound alone with it.

Nice camera work and editing too.

Just BTW - what did you (or LMS) use to edit?

I think you can get donut shaped balls?

But maybe you need a donut flavoured ball?

We have an orange chuckit soft Frisbee with a hole in the middle that has been holding up quite well, but I don't leave evil hound alone with it.

Nice camera work and editing too.

Just BTW - what did you (or LMS) use to edit?

LMS did the video so she will have to answer that one!

Daisy works pretty nicely for food so I'm happy to use that as it works for us. I do love handling a prey driven dog though, it's lots of fun learning how to use toys after only having a foodie dog before :thumbsup:

I'm always looking for the balance between

- am I a good enough trainer - do I need to be a better trainer?

- working with the dog's natural preferences and inclinations.

I don't think my evil hound has ever liked fetch. And yet lots of the stuff I've been working on uses chase the toy (reward in place) and fetch it back for tug. And no stealing the toy if the drill didn't go to plan.

So I feel like I'm fighting her natural inclinations and wondering what else I can do... or if an different dog would be easier, but if I didn't have the training challenges I have with evil hound - would I be a good enough trainer for an "easier to train" dog. Ie the easier they are to train - the smarter they are - the more likely it's not the dog that's getting trained...

I'm always looking for the balance between

- am I a good enough trainer - do I need to be a better trainer?

- working with the dog's natural preferences and inclinations.

I don't think my evil hound has ever liked fetch. And yet lots of the stuff I've been working on uses chase the toy (reward in place) and fetch it back for tug. And no stealing the toy if the drill didn't go to plan.

So I feel like I'm fighting her natural inclinations and wondering what else I can do... or if an different dog would be easier, but if I didn't have the training challenges I have with evil hound - would I be a good enough trainer for an "easier to train" dog. Ie the easier they are to train - the smarter they are - the more likely it's not the dog that's getting trained...

IME if you have a dog that has a really nice drive for food, when it is working you won't be able to tell if its working in prey or food drive. It looks the same whether it is in drive for food or prey.

I think we face challenges with any dogs we handle. There are some things about my beagle that make her both easier and harder to handle than Wiz, and some things about handling Wiz that are easier and harder than Daisy. Both have been a big learning curve!