Susan Garrett Recallers Online Course

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I will get the crate games dvd & can hopefully do recallers next time.

Did you guys all get the 4 videos the other week where she showed the 'it's yer choice' game?

Was good, I've been doing it with Hershel :)

ETA I should really read the other posts then I'd see you guys were just talking about it!!! Lol

Edited by Law

Just thought I'd let you know that I survived playing IYC. For a while there it looked as if drowning in a river of slobber was a distinct possibility for me.

:rofl:

Em just drools pools of slobber on the floor in all her impulse control efforts.

Digby was spectating so I had slobber coming at from all directions!

She did good though. By the end I was able to drop treats from waist height :) so I'm happy with that.

Following...

There's something wrong with the link that displays all the people you are following but I changed the word "followers" to "following" in the address line and got my list up.

Anything you follow will pop up on the dashboard page. Hopefully.

It's important to follow the group "announcements" - because that's where they post info about up coming live coaching calls.

I also think it is important to follow

mandy pilgrim - because she posts the announcements

I also follow these for obvious reasons.

Susan

and

Susan Garrett

and

Lynda Orton-Hill

I'm thinking it would be helpful if we want to find all the dolers on SG if we put a tag of dol or #dol into the bottom of our posts.

I tag all mine MRB and then the date backwards and time and sometimes with the recommended hashtag eg #crategames

eg

MRB 140704 12:11pm #dol

and then from the dashboard you can search comments for #dol and find the rest of us. If we all do that.

Just thought I'd let you know that I survived playing IYC. For a while there it looked as if drowning in a river of slobber was a distinct possibility for me.

Em just drools pools of slobber on the floor in all her impulse control efforts.

She did good though. By the end I was able to drop treats from waist height :) so I'm happy with that.

Fantastic! I'm going to work on dropping carrot pieces "accidentally" whilst in the kitchen and rewarding with AMAZING treats. Then I'm going to add Dizzy into the mix as he is what makes Em go "stuff this impulse control cr@p!"

Fantastic! I'm going to work on dropping carrot pieces "accidentally" whilst in the kitchen and rewarding with AMAZING treats. Then I'm going to add Dizzy into the mix as he is what makes Em go "stuff this impulse control cr@p!"

Haha it beings out her competitive nature does it? If I dropped carrots on the floor my two would be like 'ewww carrots :(' :laugh:

Are you mainly doing this with Em, or are you doing it with both?

Haha it beings out her competitive nature does it? If I dropped carrots on the floor my two would be like 'ewww carrots :(' :laugh:

Both - but they have very different strengths and weaknesses so each session is balanced to what they need as individuals. Zig gives up too easily and Em never bloody gives up lol. The dogs LOVE carrots, capsicum, vegetable peelings or anything else that falls on the floor. The first time I did IYC with both dogs it blew Em's mind - Zig thought about it carefully and backed off whilst Em flew at my fist full of dry food like she hadn't been fed for a month. She shows amazing impulse control on her own (around food, agility, retrieving) so it just goes to show how you need to think outside the box on this one.

Both - but they have very different strengths and weaknesses so each session is balanced to what they need as individuals. Zig gives up too easily and Em never bloody gives up lol. The dogs LOVE carrots, capsicum, vegetable peelings or anything else that falls on the floor. The first time I did IYC with both dogs it blew Em's mind - Zig thought about it carefully and backed off whilst Em flew at my fist full of dry food like she hadn't been fed for a month. She shows amazing impulse control on her own (around food, agility, retrieving) so it just goes to show how you need to think outside the box on this one.

Haha I am laughing at your description of Em playing IYC :D

Digby and Del are really different so I definitely understand what you're saying about how you need different approaches to teaching the same thing :) although I certainly haven't done anything near the level you have.

It's even funnier than it sounds :laugh:

Lessons at home are translating surprisingly well....just got my car back after 4 weeks at the mechanic. Trained at the park and had Mr TSD rewarding them for quiet behaviour in the back of the car. Zig was a bit slow on the pick up but when we got home I went to open the back of the car and Zig went straight to the back and sat! Very impressed.

It's nice living with polar opposites raineth - can be challenging but extremely interesting!

Edited by The Spotted Devil

I've signed up for a tshirt. It is my fave colour. I got one of the previous years as well. Always felt naughty wearing that to dog training club.

PS I think I'm supposed to do the alumni IYC challenge with Frosty's dinner tonight...

Ie spend a bit of time winding her up about dinner and then drop a big chunk of it on the floor next to her... Yikes.

Normally I make her do three fetches, a spin, twist, drop, stand, (turkey) then permission to eat.

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

It is definitely interesting noticing the difference between the 2.

I've always said that Sarah is smarter, it's more common sense though. For example if her leash is under her leg she'll lift her leg to set it free where as Collie will just persevere and you have to stop him to get him untangled. Collie also gets carried away with his nose which often results in some really dumb decisions :p

When it comes to learning new things though Collie definitely picks things up quicker, that might be practice though, he's been learning for 6 years where as Sarah has only being doing it for 1. Plus he's a lot more food motivated. I'm hoping recallers will help him make better decisions although I'm not sure 'you can't see so stop racing around and bumping into everything' will be covered though :o

I don't get one until they get their sales target and then I have to wait until 14 days after that. so will be $30 + $12 shipping...

I measured around my chest with a tape measure over my clothes - cos I like things loose and the chinese are notorious for skimping on cloth (they make things smaller than promised because it's cheaper for them).

So I got 39 which is in the medium size. If you go to the Gildan website you might find more info about lengths but apparently the sizings are unisex (read bloke) so if you're tall, then anything that fits over your chest should be ok. I will probably get a skirt free with mine.

PS the one I got before was from café press and a bit tight around the arms. But it was a female sizing.

This is the accumulated info I got.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://teespring.com/recallers5

Apparently the size chart is a bit temperamental - and only displays with chrome browser.

Here is the chart:

S 34-36"

M 38-40"

L 42-44"

XL 46-48"

2XL 50-52"

3XL 54-56"

http://teespring.com/faq#for-buyers

We have three standard shipping rates: One for domestic shipments (inside the United States), one for Canada, and one for other international shipments.

Domestic (United States) shipping $3.85 + $1.00 for each additional t-shirt. Your shirt will arrive within 7-14 days from the end of the campaign.

Domestic (Canada) $9.50 + $4.00 for each additional t-shirt. Your shirt will arrive within 14-21 days from the end of the campaign.

International shipping is USA$12.50 + $4.00 for each additional t-shirt. Your shirt will arrive within 14-21 days from the end of the campaign.

----------------------------------------

Canvas Triblend Tshirt

http://blog.teespring.com/post/89658408384/fall-in-love-with-tri-blend-tees

Tri-Blend is a blend of cotton, polyester and rayon fabric

Gildan is a polyester cotton blend. As best I can tell from their website.

http://www.gildanonline.com.au/product_view.php?sn=n805dhgp3ra4711n6pkv3jf4s2&cata=400&sub_cata=401&code=18500

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket