Susan Garrett Recallers Online Course

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been following the videos and wanting to do this course but the price was a bit of a shock! Now you all are seriously making me consider pressing the Let Me In button... :o

Do the games take up a lot of time? I don't know how I'll be able to fit it in along with our regular training and fitness training!

I am thinking 2-3 5 min sessions per day with each dog which is easy to work in with what I already do. Currently I'm writing up my thesis at home so it's a perfect way to get me off the computer at regular intervals. Previously these courses have been bad timing for me, financially and practically, but this is perfect.

:wave: superminty

How does everyone spread out their sessions (or are planning to)?

I work from 8 to 4.30 so I'm not sure if a morning session would be productive as they are usually still tucked up in bed when I leave for work. Just wondering how much time I would need to leave between sessions if I did 2 in the evening.

How does everyone spread out their sessions (or are planning to)?

I work from 8 to 4.30 so I'm not sure if a morning session would be productive as they are usually still tucked up in bed when I leave for work. Just wondering how much time I would need to leave between sessions if I did 2 in the evening.

Definitely look at what works for you. When I was having real trouble tugging with Zig I would pull out an awesome tug toy as I walked in the door - he'd be super excited and revved up so it was a perfect way to get over the don't wanna don't hafta moments. And of course tugging meant FUN. Gradually I started tugging him out the front door and could introduce more boring tugs - saving his favourite tugs for other challenging environments. You could easily do a session when you get home (maybe review the day before?) and then a session later on in the evening. Then maybe feed dinner and call it a day. If you decide to do a morning session (they will get up!) maybe review the night before so you don't feel rushed.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

I'm Tassie there too. Now to work out how I can find time to fit this into the schedule as well as Fenzi courses .. thankfully only bronze this time round ... to say nothing of some training for 4 disciplines .. and things like weekend trip to Melbourne :laugh: . I seriously have to give up work .. wouldn't be so hard .. but I love my job. :rofl:

I'm in.. Staffyluv over there as well...

Zig and I are taking a bit of a break from obedience because we are a bit stagnant there.. Not improving and even going backwards in a couple of areas, sometimes.

Back to relationship building and making it more fun.

There is a demo coaching call tomorrow (Tuesday 24th)

9am Melbourne time or 8:30am Adelaide time or some time before the sparrows wake up WA time.

this is the link - it's linked off a Susan Garrett Facebook post or if you've handed over your email - then you probably got an email about it.

http://www.brilliantrecalls.com/fe/68309-live-online-learning-session

Thisbe must know I signed up for this. For the first time ever, today she ran off when it was time to go home from the sheep. Usually I call the name of the dog whose turn it is to hop in the car. I said "Thisbe" and boom! Gone. I must admit when I did actually say "come" she came back like a rocket, but still. Naughty.

Edited by superminty

I've had really good success getting our cocker to play tug when I get home from work as his arousal levels are really high, not much during other times so I'm going with in for the moment. I get home tonight and OH was home before me, apparently they were playing tug for a good 5 mins and OH 'rewarded' him by leaving the tug toy with him. *sigh*