Blog Post By Pete Dobre.

persephone

public FB page link

excerpt:

We live in an age where photographically speaking, you have everything at your finger tips in term of what is available.

Never has there been a time when there has been so much choice before you.

I'm often asked by people what camera should they buy and another way of asking that question is " what car should I buy?" Do I buy a mini minor or a Rolls Royce?

In terms of picking a camera, you need to ask yourself two questions? What is my Budget and what do i want to do with my photography?

You can walk into a shop and in this day and age you can be over come with choice and that this camera will do that, this one cant, buy this one you bake a cake with it !!!

Edited by persephone

I love this particular quote...

Always remember what creates the picture is not the camera. The camera never sees the picture, the camera never composes the picture, the camera never understands the light what is before you. It is you that does all of that, it is how you see it and perceive what is in front of you.

I went to have a look at the Nat Geo photo comp winners/entries at the Sydney Museum a few weeks ago, and one of the most striking (and winning) photos was taken by a 14 year old boy with an entry level camera...

I get lots of people looking at my particular camera/lens and thinking that if they get the same setup, they will be able to take great photos... I always tell people that it's not the camera gear that determines what the end product will be. You can point the most expensive and most advanced camera at something and still take a crap photo of it, because you really have no eye for composition, light, subject placement, etc...

Then again, I used to get the same sort of comment from people about my foray into the world of Fractal art... "oh, you use a computer to make those pictures - so if I get the same software, I'll be able to do the same." - trust me, the software was simply the tool used, but the creative process was all MINE for my images... and many tried, but couldn't make the software do exactly what I was doing unless I showed them how through step by step guides... and even them most cocked it up... lol!

Here's a taste of some of my Fractal works...

basic3-20psp.jpg

ufstuff01-07psp.jpg

ufstuff01-04psp.jpg

basic3-11psp.jpg

T.