Robot Vacuum Cleaner

smooch

I have the iRobot, the roomba picks up the hair then scooba cleans the tiles with water rather than a damp cloth. It's a war of attrition against the dogs and they aren't as good as manual vacuuming and mopping but my robots can be switched on every day when I walk out the door. Not sure if any other brand really competes when dog hair and dirt is involved.

I have set up the Stirling robot, as for cleaning it is as good as the roomba, a lot quieter, but my roomba would be about 7 years old so they have probably upgraded them by now.

I have used the aldi one twice today and filled the dust bin up both times of which I was surprised. The mop only dry mops, so really useless, I was hoping not to have to use a mop. I will run it for the 60days satisfaction guarantee and than decide on whether to keep it.At this stage it is looking good.

I have the iRobot, the roomba picks up the hair then scooba cleans the tiles with water rather than a damp cloth. It's a war of attrition against the dogs and they aren't as good as manual vacuuming and mopping but my robots can be switched on every day when I walk out the door. Not sure if any other brand really competes when dog hair and dirt is involved.

How is the i robot?

I have heard that the robot vacs do. to clean carpet well. I would love one but hesitant that it would be a waste of money in a prodominetly carpeted house. Any personal views on this?

I loooovvvveeee my Roomba 780. I have had it for a couple of years now. Use it daily. Fantastic on carpet, rugs & all surfaces. Best thing I ever brought :thumbsup:

The Roomba holds a fair amount before it needs to be emptied.They will stop automatically if they are full & tell you they need to be emptied if you forget. Our house is fairly large & I empty mine maybe twice. I too have LOTS of dog hair floating pretty much everywhere so ours is mainly full of black & white fluff LOL. We also have a ton of stairs but it goes right to the edge then turns away.

I only get the Dyson out once a week now days to do full vac. Including skirting boards etc. Everyday I just put Roomba on in the kitchen while Im out walking my guys & it docks itself to recharge when its finished. Come home put it in lounge room to vac there. Etc Love it :)

My BC' s are fairly long/ full coated dogs. I don't seem to have any hair tangling issues. I use that little tool they give you to clean the brushes every second day or so but it doesn't seem to impact on it's effectness to clean.

My BC' s are fairly long/ full coated dogs. I don't seem to have any hair tangling issues. I use that little tool they give you to clean the brushes every second day or so but it doesn't seem to impact on it's effectness to clean.

I don't think the BC has long fine feathering on the body and legs like a Cavalier. If I'm correct, the BC's hair is coarser than Cavaliers. If I allowed my male Cavs hair to grow long it would be at least half way to the ground. I scissor his coat but his hair is still fairly long. My girl's coat is not as long. The hair is very fine and winds around the brushes.