Have You Already Picked Out Breed/name For Your Next One?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most time I have a name picked out before hand it never works when I meet them. Wylie was supposed to be Aries but it never fit. After many names he became Wylie because he was a sesame shiba and had the same colouring as a coyote... It went from there...

Loki was misnamed from the start.. He should have been named Cyril or Francis or something more in keeping with his personality.. :o

I had been juggling a few names around before I found Didi but when I brought her home at 9 weeks nothing suited her as well as the name she already had (plus she already knew it)

I'm so glad I didn't change it though,

it suits her so well and it kept the family theme going of only ever owning female pets with names ending in an 'ee' sound.

It's also really easy to adapt into multiple ridiculous nicknames which for me is an important quality in a name :laugh:

I've always wanted a male mantle Great Dane and wanted his show name to be *prefix* Forty Six And Two, call name Maynard.

My favourite band is Tool, forty six & 2 is one of my favourite songs and Maynard James Keenan is their lead singer. :)

I helped name Sierra, the ridgeback my ex kept. She was *prefix* Lady Cosworth, call name Sierra, named after the Ford Sierra Cosworth (a car).

Once I knew I wanted an Aussie Shepherd I knew if I ended up with a blue merle female she would be Quinn, turns out that is what I ended up with so Quinn she is.

Someone pointed out to me then that I accidentally has Q,R and S names (although in reverse order - Saxon, Riley and Quinn) so I felt for a while the next one should start with P or possibly T but I don't know now. Plan is that it will be a Rotti and I suspect a male will fit in better but I don't have a name yet.

If I ever end up with a female fawn Pug she would be Sami.

My next one is cooking, I have the theme picked out, I know what I am calling my pup both registered and call name. Just hope at least one of them is a girl!

Mumma to be, with two weeks to go

post-3047-0-29097900-1402926899_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rebanne

I would love a Rotty! Or a lab! I just don't think I can handle anything other than a golden! In my perfect world I'd have a big lovable well trained Rottie!

I will probably end up with a golden though! I am a creature of habit!

ETA: A Golden called Barney!

Edited by Bubitty

And maybe one day I'll have a dog called Friday. I was going to give this name to a little guy that I adopted from the pound on his pts day (Friday, of course), but after I'd had him a few days I realised it just didn't suit him - he ended up being called Squirt :)

My sister named her puppy from our last litter Wednesay. It's got nothing to do with her registered name and the puppy wasn't born or conceived or taken home on a Wedneday - she just likes it! The dog gets called Wenny for short.

My next dog is going to be an agility dog and the OH has agreed I can start looking when our current dogs slow down (I've negotiated him down from wanting 5 years dog free to 1 year to no years :D)

At this point I'm hoping for a field spaniel and I'm happy to wait as long as it takes. No name picked out, I'll just need the right temperament regardless of sex.

I don't have a name picked out for my next dog, but I have a long list I constantly update when I think of or hear a name I really like!

When I was planning on getting another beagle or ESS I wanted a girl called either Betsy or Mabel, not sure those names suit a female Malinois though :laugh: But I still love them! I don't know if my next dog will be male or female, but it will definitely be another Mal.

Georgie is a nice girls name :)

I never name pets until I've met them - I can't! I worry that when I finally have a human baby it won't "look" like the names I have picked (George for a boy - LOL - Its a family thing on my hubbys side, and Amanda May if its a girl).

I've always wanted to call a pet 'Flansburgh' but haven't met the right one yet.

Flansburgh is a much better name than John!

and yes we had our next breed picked out when our pup was 6 months old, she's 1.5 now and we're still planning the new dog for another 6-12 months time. Tentative name was picked out ages ago too

It has to start with G. And we have had many arguements that my names don't suit. Gojira, Gremlin, Gizmo and Ghost aren't dog names apparently

Gamera! :D

After seeing sleepy hollow I did wish I had called him Ichabod

My old cat was called Ichabod! :thumbsup: Wasn't planned as a name but when I got him he had cat flu and a runny bottom and was really gross so I called him Icky which became Ichabod when he got older. He was still called Icky a lot though :o

Edited by cannibalgoldfish