Funeral Service For Roger Collins, From Smart

Sadly, Roger died yesterday morning from illness. He will be greatly missed by many rescuers in addition to the Snowy Mountains team, as he provided transport from Wagga to Yass for so many poundies.

Roger's funeral will be held this Monday 23rd June at the Wagga Crematorium Chapel in Brunskill Road Wagga. It will start at 1pm. Please contact Lorene on 02 69491491 if you need more details. (Copied from their Facebook page.)

I only just caught up on this news. How sad. I met Roger & spoke to him many times as he did transport to Yass. He rescued & temp cared several cats for me, even driving them around to vets out his way for cheaper desexing/vaccinations than I could get here in Canberra. I remember him telling me how many adult cats he had as he knew he would have trouble rehoming adults, but couldn't bear not to rescue them. Our family recently decided to keep one of our foster cats & it was Roger's offer to collect him & his brother & temp care them for weeks until I had the space that enabled us to rescue him. Roger was a man with a big heart. RIP.