Mooch City Is Miserable: Myrtie Very Sick

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Came in to check on any news. So gutted to hear she has lost her fight.

It's hard when it is so sudden but on the other hand, she didn't suffer. Many many hugs to you DDD, Myrtie was loved til the end. What more can a dog ask for?

I am so sorry Cyn. :cry:

You gave little Myrtie the best 4 years of her life. Thanks to you, she didn't leave this world feeling like she didn't matter. Instead, she left this world knowing she was loved and wanted. :heart:

My thoughts are with you and your other doggies at this very sad time. :grouphug:

Shine bright from the stars little Myrtie. xx :rainbowbridge: xx

I'm in tears again reading all your responses. So much support and kindness over the past four days. Quite overwhelms me. Myrtie would have had a little strut around just accepting it as her due. A tiny girl with a big personality, she will be missed.

She couldn't have had a better owner, one who was prepared to make her food into little balls just so she could pick them up . . .

This did make me smile. Because I was told about Chunkers and Nature's Gift Semi moist, I needed to do it only a couple of times. :)

Myrtie put up such a brave battle - RIP little angel, forever in your heart :heart:

She was such a good little patient, too. But she didn't stand a chance really judging from the xrays :(:( .

Hopefully, though, my little girl's sudden onset of this disease will help others. I think it was on Saturday that I was told they could do a needle biopsy of her lungs and examine the fluid, but they considered this was far too risky as would have been what they called a lung wash which sounds horrendous.

This morning I told the vet that if they felt it would help to get some answers, I would be happy for them to take fluid from her lungs to examine. The vet was very pleased because he said they were going to ask me if they could do that. They don't have to do anything invasive, just the same process they would do if she were alive.

SASH people are wonderful really and they have a couple of rooms set aside where you can spend as much time as possible with your pet after they have died. So I was able to brush and tidy up my little girl and spend a long time with her.

Thank you again, everyone.

So, so sorry DDD, there are no words. She looks like she had such a personality, thank goodness she got to spend her last years with you in comfort, and being so loved. Wishing you strength and peace for the days to come.