Mooch City Is Miserable: Myrtie Very Sick

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, going to bed these past few nights and now forever is a very quiet affair. Her little urn will be engraved: Myrtie aka Madam Lash.

Your post reminds me. I did in fact notice that her activities hadn't been as rigorous of late. I guess she was getting sick, but, just like a dog, not showing it.

How are the others taking it DD? Do they know what's going on?

To be honest, QM, it was only years ago while I had only a couple of dogs at one time, that I noticed dogs being affected by another's death. Sadly, Myrtie didn't have a mate amongst the others .... I was her mate.

She was obsessed with Tamar, but Tamar wouldn't have a bar of her. When he started to settle in, Bunter tried to play with Myrtie, but she wasn't having it. Tamar was her goddess. Isn't it strange the way a dog will focus on another. Tamar started to play with Bunter and, whilst I was overjoyed for Bunter, I was so sad for Myrtie. Myrtie wanted Tamar to play with her.

I would say to Tamar when she became a bit annoyed with Myrtie that because she and Myrtie were the youngest, they would be left together and then she'd have to play with Myrtie. Maybe Myrtie was older than we thought.

How are the others taking it DD? Do they know what's going on?

To be honest, QM, it was only years ago while I had only a couple of dogs at one time, that I noticed dogs being affected by another's death. Sadly, Myrtie didn't have a mate amongst the others .... I was her mate.

She was obsessed with Tamar, but Tamar wouldn't have a bar of her. When he started to settle in, Bunter tried to play with Myrtie, but she wasn't having it. Tamar was her goddess. Isn't it strange the way a dog will focus on another. Tamar started to play with Bunter and, whilst I was overjoyed for Bunter, I was so sad for Myrtie. Myrtie wanted Tamar to play with her.

I would say to Tamar when she became a bit annoyed with Myrtie that because she and Myrtie were the youngest, they would be left together and then she'd have to play with Myrtie. Maybe Myrtie was older than we thought.

My Pug Grover absolutely adored my old Labrador Star, who raised him and taught him everything, she was like a mum to him, but he hated my new Labrador Poppy so much that I had to rehome her! He was so awful to her! Grover really was a one-person dog. He didn't dislike other dogs or people; he was just indifferent to them. He was a bit of a snob! :laugh:

I am so sorry for your loss DDD. She fought a brave battle :cry:

Godspeed Myrtie.

She did, CavNrott. But I think she was too compromised by the time she showed any evidence of being ill. Apparently this disease is like that: there is chronic where there is a gradual slowing down, exercise intolerance, etc and then there is acute where it is just suddenly there which is what happened to Myrtie.