On Again: World's Ugliest Dog Contest

Boronia

I started to look, but couldn't bear it. Although we need to remember that a dog doesn't know he or she is ugly or deformed, the criteria needs to be whether the dog is in pain or not or able to live a healthy happy life.

People can be such morons. This is a terrible contest - reminds me of those Dwarf Throwing competions held in pubs. Not that I would ever go to see one, but used to see articles in the papers about them.

Too many horrible people.

So many wonderful people too, but it just seems to me that the horribleness is winning out.

I started to look, but couldn't bear it. Although we need to remember that a dog doesn't know he or she is ugly or deformed, the criteria needs to be whether the dog is in pain or not or able to live a healthy happy life.

People can be such morons. This is a terrible contest - reminds me of those Dwarf Throwing competions held in pubs. Not that I would ever go to see one, but used to see articles in the papers about them.

Too many horrible people.

So many wonderful people too, but it just seems to me that the horribleness is winning out.

I did not bother to look thro' all the photos this year. Too upsetting.

Seems the media has an ongoing agenda to promote rubbish,,,

I hate this competition, the poor winner :( And yes the owner of Sweetpea needs stringing up by his boll**ks :mad

I've heard too many times when asked what breed I have "oh Chinese Crested - aren't they the ones that always win that ugliest dogs competition" :(

oh dear :(

poor dogs. Stupid owners.

also some of them were just normal dogs.. the chihuhua's looked fine, and there was a pug too..

The winner :eek::(

And very curious as to what condition Quasimodo has.

also some of them were just normal dogs.. the chihuhua's looked fine, and there was a pug too..

I'm wondering if it's some kind of neural tube defect. :(

Guest donatella

Half of them aren't even ugly. Does the moron holding the crested really need to hold it like that :mad:

I'm wondering if it's some kind of neural tube defect. :(

Just did some research on that, and think you could be right :(

SweePee the crestie won that guy a prize and in the very least he should have it taken off him.

Is it just DOL that sees the cruelty or are other people upset by this? All I can find on the internet is a bunch of articles congratulating the pr**ck.

vet article re untreated conditions :( why are people getting awards for this?

Take the last few champs as example: Among the ailments they visibly possess, I count a miscellany of skin diseases, an embarrassment of ocular conditions (severe dry eye, eye loss and glaucoma, among them), pervasive periodontal disease, impressive angular/rotational limb deformities, and a host of spinal maladies (in one case leading to spectacular spinal curvature). Some entries are shockingly obese, while others appear to have suffered severe debilitating trauma in the past.

My link

Edited by Powerlegs

SweePee the crestie won that guy a prize and in the very least he should have it taken off him.

Is it just DOL that sees the cruelty or are other people upset by this? All I can find on the internet is a bunch of articles congratulating the pr**ck.

vet article re untreated conditions :( why are people getting awards for this?

Take the last few champs as example: Among the ailments they visibly possess, I count a miscellany of skin diseases, an embarrassment of ocular conditions (severe dry eye, eye loss and glaucoma, among them), pervasive periodontal disease, impressive angular/rotational limb deformities, and a host of spinal maladies (in one case leading to spectacular spinal curvature). Some entries are shockingly obese, while others appear to have suffered severe debilitating trauma in the past.

My link

Thanks for that link. I could not find it in my lists of 'horrors'. I read it last year & was impressed with the author's horror of this spectacle. Now re-added :cry::mad

Edited by VizslaMomma

you know I really hate this comp.. every year it misaligns the breed I hold very dear... I know there are a lot of other breeds there, but every year there is at least one unhealthy or crossbred hairless chinese crested that usually wins.. its disgusting..