Old Pups

Bob

Wurroit's first puppies turn 14 today.

Wurroit Wayward Warrior (Hart) and his brothers Keesha and Ubu were our first litter and, personal bias aside, they have been wonderful dogs over all these years.

Hart was our first Champion followed closely by Evie (Wurroit Ice a Charma).

My old mate doesn't see or hear much anymore. The cold mornings weigh him down but he still has his favourite spot in the yard to enjoy the sun.

The new kids have developed some respect for him.......

He seems to have developed some affection for the youngest of the pack, perhaps passing on some of the old pack lore. I hope so.......

It seems to me that old age has been creeping up on him over the past couple of years but now, it makes an implacable advance.

As much as I would like to wish you a happy 15th birthday old mate, I don't think it will happen, nor will I force it upon you.

My friend..........

Enjoy the sun while it shines for you still.......

This is so beautifully and perfectly written and expressed. Well done, befitting each and every one of our 'oldies', God bless them all and I hope and pray your deal old man has a really good number more of happy and pain free days to share with you xx

• 7 months later...

Sadly we gifted Hart his wings one week ago, he didn't quite make 15.

Also gone in the intervening time is little sister Evie, a beautiful and cheeky girl, much loved at her second home after a successful show career which she shared with her first owners, friends that have also passed.

Stand tall my friend,

Nose to the Wind,

Breeze through your coat.....

There's adventures to be had......

Say G'day to Mum, Dad and the others who have gone before.

See you there, be happy and enjoy life while you wait.

Missing you,