What Is The Shelf Life Of Worming Tablets?

Depends on the product. They all have a used by date on them.

From my experience, unless they have been sitting around in the shop/ warehouse for a while already, MOST have a used by date of a couple of years.

Might be hard to guarantee length if you are buying online....

I'm of the belief they last a lot longer than the expiry date if stored correctly. I was told by a vet who conducts clinical trials for equine products that ivermectin lasts 10 years. This is why it is so important to safely dispose of drugs & chemicals harmful to the environment.

I'm of the belief they last a lot longer than the expiry date if stored correctly. I was told by a vet who conducts clinical trials for equine products that ivermectin lasts 10 years. This is why it is so important to safely dispose of drugs & chemicals harmful to the environment.

This.

From what I recall, expiration dates on wormers are worked out by product efficacy following date of manufacture. For example, at 2 years, product X would be still 100% effective so expiration date is two years from DoM, even though at 3 years, product might still be 85% effective or 50% effectice in years years and so on.

In the case of wormers, I'd be iffy about using them too far out of date (any longer than 3 months) because in my situation (foster dogs and five of my own dogs), I can't risk new dogs bringing worms in and spreading them around.

Anywho.. just had a look at a few packets I have here (all purchased in 2013) and all expiration dates are 2014, including one shipped directly to me from Bayer. Brands were Paratak, Drontal, Canimax and Heartgard. So, I'd guess 12 months or 18 months from DoM.

If you want to buy in bulk, perhaps it'd be a good idea to get together a few friends and buy a larger amount together?

This.

From what I recall, expiration dates on wormers are worked out by product efficacy following date of manufacture. For example, at 2 years, product X would be still 100% effective so expiration date is two years from DoM, even though at 3 years, product might still be 85% effective or 50% effectice in years years and so on.

In the case of wormers, I'd be iffy about using them too far out of date (any longer than 3 months) because in my situation (foster dogs and five of my own dogs), I can't risk new dogs bringing worms in and spreading them around.

Anywho.. just had a look at a few packets I have here (all purchased in 2013) and all expiration dates are 2014, including one shipped directly to me from Bayer. Brands were Paratak, Drontal, Canimax and Heartgard. So, I'd guess 12 months or 18 months from DoM.

If you want to buy in bulk, perhaps it'd be a good idea to get together a few friends and buy a larger amount together?

Chemical reactions and growth of organisms both go faster at higher temperatures. Keep it in the fridge and you'll at least double its lifetime.

I don't know if you can by Pyrantel pamoate in Australia. It's a great wormer for everything but tapeworm and heartworm. Easy to administer to both pups and adults. quite safe. And you can buy enough to treat a larger rescue shelter for a year, or a multi dog household for several years, for <$50. I'l bet you can get it with a script, somewhere.