Introducing Poppy

So this little sweetie joined our household a couple of weeks back :D She was being sold on gumtree by someone who had to get rid of her asap and couldn't desex her first and had lots of people wanting her for breeding. She was sold as being 7 months old, but I tracked down her original 'breeder' via Google/old gumtree ads and she was only 5.5 months old. The person I got her from had only had her since April, so not sure where she was after leaving the breeder and her getting her in April, so we may be her 3rd home already :(

The intention was to get her vaccinated and desexed and then out to a new home via a reputable rescue....... that failed big time :laugh: She is such a happy, well rounded little dog - nothing has phased her so far, she fitted in here so quickly and the other two dogs and Indy accepted her really well from the moment she arrived, so she is staying :)

She was spayed on Friday and has training classes booked for July which I'm really looking forward too :)

So here she is, she's tiny compared to my other two giant cresties! She was 3.2kg when she arrived.

Poppy poppet, the 'hairy hairless' crestie :heart:

14495537512_b7687c534a.jpg

14493340151_f064aebe66.jpg

14496729595_1212aac2e5.jpg

14292139009_2e682977d1.jpg

14475402321_221b2a8e0c.jpg

She's gorgeous, seems to be more Cresties around these days - unfortunately in need of rescue.

I took a gorgeous boy aged 2, 3 weeks ago andfound a perfect home for him with 3 other Cresties and cats on fenced acreage. I still can't believe he was going to be euthanased.

He's in bliss in his new home. He was one of the most handsome boys - black and with mainly black hair on his crest. He'd look at me from under his fringe.

DIVINE!

One day ....

Edited by Her Majesty Dogmad

Thanks guys, quite smitten with her already!

Hahahaha... look at her go!!! :thumbsup:

She's just delightful CC. What a little darling. I'm so glad she's fitting in well with your crew and you're keeping her. I can't wait to see more gorgeous photos!!

If she can keep still for a second I might get some 'proper' photos :laugh: I picked her up the same day Jo got Stella, similar age and size too.

She's gorgeous, seems to be more Cresties around these days - unfortunately in need of rescue.

And that's why I couldn't bear the thought of her ending up with a puppy farmer or byb :( So far Cresties seem to be keeping out of the pet shops and gumtree in Perth.

She's so tiny! I know nothing about cresties, is she within the size range you could expect with cresties or is it likely she has chi r something in the mix? (Wasn't sure whether when you mentioned you tracked down the breeder nyou were talking a proper breeder or a BYB)

She is teeny compared to my two monsters, both originally from the UK crestie rescue club. The few I have seen over here are small, so I think she is within standard size wise. I contacted the original breeder via sms as I wanted to know if she'd had any vaccinations and wanted to know her age. She did respond and sent pics of the parents both of which certainly looked like pure crestie, but I guess I'll never know for sure.

gosh she is sooo beautiful.. very lucky to have fallen into a crestie home :) & lovely to see that those crazy figure 8 zoomies are classic for the breed.. my boys do that too. sooo much fun to watch :) my boys do beach & paddock zoomies..

she is only little but then the breed isn't very big & she's still only a pup.. sooo cute though..

poppy gaaah so cute.. dang making me want another one now.. lol.. best breed in the world :)

She's so cute!!!! She looks a bit Papillon like to me, especially with that blaze, and that would explain the size? But I'm no breed expert, and you said the parents looked like CCs, doesn't matter regardless! Loved the zoomie video :D :D Very glad you kept her out of the hands of people who would see $$ signs

Adorable!

She is teeny compared to my two monsters, both originally from the UK crestie rescue club. The few I have seen over here are small, so I think she is within standard size wise. I contacted the original breeder via sms as I wanted to know if she'd had any vaccinations and wanted to know her age. She did respond and sent pics of the parents both of which certainly looked like pure crestie, but I guess I'll never know for sure.

oh, how totally wonderful of you.

Wishing a lovely happy life for your wee family.

:heart: