Litters Due September 2014

Monteba

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little bit of a drama on Thursday with my girl.

She wasn't herself so off to the vets we go.

Ultrasound showed 3 pups with strong heartbeats not in any distress.

Blood tests showed low calcium levels as well as a low PVC , low albium, and a high WBC. Progesterone is 19.5 so pregnancy is still good but mums health is our number 1 priory.

Repat PVC on Friday it's increased only slightly but still too low.

After my vet spoke with monash repo spec, we are on daily prog testing from day 57 and as soon as it starts to drop too low she's booked in for a c sec

Now to get her to day 57 (she's day 49 today) and fingers crossed for healthy mum and pups

Thanks.

No idea what's happened with Beth. The meds to help her increase her PVC will abort the pups so as long as its slowly getting higher and not dropping is a good sign. Just want to get her through the next 10 days or so, we can do a c sec and hopefully have some healthy pups

How's Beth going today, bel? Thinking of you and hoping all is well :crossfingers:

Good to hear that Lei's appetite is back, eschlachter :D

indigirl - how's Nyx doing? You're getting close now!

Took Nova in for a pre-whelp checkup today - I actually just wanted to get a syringe of oxytocin to have on hand, but it was a good excuse to have a general chat with the vet and have him look her over.

Wasn't planning to do an ultrasound, but he wanted to do one just to make sure (although it's pretty apparent now just on her size!) - I think he just likes using his ultrasound machine :p

He had a quick look at one side and found 4 very quickly, we didn't look any further than that as we weren't counting - he just wanted to make sure there were live puppies kicking around in there :D

Weigh in and 6 week photos tomorrow! She weighed in at just over 47kg at the vet, but I'll still weigh her tomorrow on our scales for consistency :)

Hi alerzeit

Beth is doing well. PVC has risen again still low but at least it's on the way up

She is having daily progesterone tests from next Monday and will be have a Caesarian as soon as it drops.

Good luck with your girl sounds like she may have a few for you. I weighed Beth yesterday at the vets and she is 8.3kg (was 7.7kg when she got sick last week) with about 10 days to her due date.

Yes Beth is day 53 today.

Great news is she has put on another 300gm since Monday.

Got to see her pups today on ultrasound they are doing really well and have grown so much since last Thursday. If all goes well she will most likely have a Caesarian on Thursday next week (day 61) just need to wait for the progesterone results

Lookit Nyx! Nice little belly she has there! :love:

That sounds positive, bel :) Hang in there Beth!

We weighed Nova on our scales on Tuesday.... 48.2kg, which was a 2.9kg increase in a week, and an overall 10kg increase from her pre-mating weight! She looks like she's a bitch at 7 weeks, not 6 weeks.... and getting bigger by the day, it seems!

Hahah love the stink-eye look in the first photo! Yes, I think a few as well :)

Here's Nova's tummy last night at day 46, and her silly face because it's not right to just post a photo of her headless body :)

post-3516-0-88675900-1409977181_thumb.jpg

post-3516-0-71041600-1409977195_thumb.jpg

bel - how's Beth?

And how's Nyx going too, indigirl?

I just realised that Beth and Nyx are due due on the same day, and Leia and Nova due only a day apart!

Naw so sweet :) we have matching tummies I reckon, really similar size! Yeah Lei's not hugely impressed with the whole being pregnant thing lol. She's really slowing up now, it was noticible today. Only 18 days to go for us, it's getting SO exciting. This is my first ever litter so the excitement is fear, for a large part anyway. Hoping the girls due soon are going well :)

Get ready for the last 2 weeks - she will get bigger by the day! Most of the puppy size growth is in the last 10 days, so you will be surprised just how much bigger she will get by the time she whelps :)

I think most breeders still experience the fear mixed with the excitement as it gets closer :) We've been breeding for over 20 years, and I still get more and more nervous leading up the to event. Mind you, we tend to only have a litter once every 2 - 4 years, so each litter I feel like a newbie again!

Miss Beth is day 56 today. She had a progesterone test and its slowly dropping now its 15 as soon as its down to 6 or below she's having a Caesarian.

Good news is she's eating really well and her PVC is up to 36 so now within normal ranges.

I've been breeding for over 10 years and still get nervous and fear sets in with every litter.

Good luck and safe whelpings for all girls lets hope everyone goes well.