Litters Due September 2014

Monteba

Quick question- the last 24 hours Lei's tummy has been a lot more 'balloon' like, tighter rather than soft/malleable. Is that normal with 8 days to go? Feels like there's way more 'air' in there, than there was (along with wriggly puppy bodies)....

Hmmm, Nova has been quite firm for a while now, which is just because it's so much puppy in there. I wouldn't be too concerned as long as they are still wriggling and Lei is happy and not showing signs of discomfort - but of course, if you're at all worried it's definitely worth checking with your vet - at this stage of pregnancy, no concern is an over-reaction, so they certainly shouldn't have a problem with you asking them :)

Thanks Allerzeit. She seems pretty chirpy, as normal, but not as hungry as she has been- still eating something though. I figured it might just be something that happens as the pregnancy progresses but wasn't sure! It's a bit like she just needs to fart a few times and the pressure will be relieved lol :D I'll keep an eye on her, maybe call the vets tomorrow if she still feels a bit bloated. Might also walk her round the block tonight, it's been a few days since she had a good walk- preferring to relax at the moment and watch the other dogs run around for her! Walking might get the farts moving :laugh:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that puts her in the normal whelping range - how's she acting?

What do they say - puppies in around 24 hours after the drop and rise? That would put her tomorrow, which is only 2 days early, well within normal limits :)

sleeping.. not really eating much . Fingers x!

Will move us into whelping room tonight

Edited by TeamSnag

I think they always wait until they've fooled us and given us a couple of pretty sleepless nights, just to make sure that our eyeballs are already hanging out before all the action and sleepless nights begin!

Oh yes.. she ate some KFC nuggets I brought not much but it's something .. her temp gone up a little but who knows what she's doing lol.. not due till 19th her mother went two days early. . I'll just keep taking temps and see how we go .. she does run away tho when she hears me turn it on lol

Good luck to all mothers due. Hope all goes well.

I'm so sorry to read indigirl about nynx. Hope she recovers well.

Miss Beth's babies are 9 days old and growing really well. We still don't know what's wrong with Beth but she's eating and drinking well is quite happy within herself now.

Blood test reveled her kidney enzymes are high. Vet is unsure if what's going on is related to the c-sec or pregnancy/lactation so we are waiting til the babies are weaned and will repeat the blood tests again unless she becomes sick in the mean time.

Would love to see some photos, if you felt like sharing, bel :)

Hopefully Beth's levels stabilise and normalise soon! Very concerning.

How are you and Nyx doing indigirl?

Yeah, TeamSnag - any movement at the station yet?

Nova has the single most stable temperature I've ever seen - these have been her readings since I started:

16-Sep

17-Sept

18-Sept

19-Sept

At least I should get a good idea of the drop and raise, with temps that stable!

Apart from that, she's just normal - getting slower, but still eating. She's as wide as she is deep, and hasn't dropped yet - but she's not due until next Tuesday :)