Litters Due September 2014

Monteba

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no - how annoying for you! These guys have been so easy on us with weaning! Our biggest problem is trying to pull Nova back so that they're hungry enough to want to eat! Some of them, purple, yellow, orange, are sometimes too full to be bothered eating their solids. Others, green and white in particular, would eat until they burst!

Yeah very annoying lol.. they have it to good with whole milk bar...laynee comes out for couple hours then I go I with milk or mince but they are asleep lol I put it in front of them and they walk away.. I dunno what to do lol think I'll just leave mum in there

Edited by TeamSnag

If it helps, our current schedule is a feed from Nova first thing in the morning, at about 5am. Solid feed at 8.30am, 12.30pm and 5.30pm, with a feed from Nova at around 2pm (more to ease the pressure on her rather than to give them food), and then a last feed from Nova at 9.30 or 10pm.

Nova's not with them for feeding apart from those three feeds.

Mind you, different story with 10 - Nova is pretty over feeding them, so weaning is something that has to be done sooner rather than later, and they're certainly ready for it. I would think that with a smaller litter, you could leave weaning for longer if mum is happily still feeding :)

Such beautiful kids Allerzeit I dunno how u tell them apart lol

Mine are 6 weeks this Saturday.. Slowly started to ween.. They love chicken mince so ill start to add some soaked dry into it and yogurt over next few days.. Still drinking on mum at times.. wont drink water well they will have a lap but that's about it lol..mums milk is so much better.. Duke has been slow I dunno if that's just the boys been 4 years since my last litter and iv forgotten everything lol.. He was slow to get up on his feet.. the girl its full steam ahead lol shes great..

Heres a pic of the ripped paper I came home too lol.. Butter wouldn't melt...

post-14413-0-51916900-1414639498_thumb.jpg

Edited by TeamSnag

Such beautiful kids Allerzeit I dunno how u tell them apart lol

That would be by their collar colours :laugh: Although there are now enough differences that I can pick most of them by their faces :) Still, I wouldn't want to have my life depending on picking them all correctly if they all lost their collars! :eek: :laugh:

Heres a pic of the ripped paper I came home too lol.. Butter wouldn't melt...

OMG so cute!! Butter definitely wouldn't melt in those mouths!!

Ours are all well and truly weaned now, and Nova has been separated from them for the past week after she developed very bad mastitis in one of her mammary glands. We were trying to dry her up anyway at that point, so we just had to really bite the bullet. We couldn't let them suckle from the affected gland, as they have big teeth and she was just in so much pain with it - it would have endangered the puppies I think, she even tried to bite me while I was expressing it, she was just that sore, poor love. So, it was cold turkey for the pups!

Planning to get her back with them from tomorrow so that she can at least go back to playing with them and teaching them manners :) She's mostly dried up now, and the swelling in her mammary gland is almost completely gone. She's still on antibiotics and only finished her anti-inflammatories this morning.

• 4 weeks later...

Ours are 9 weeks as well - still 4 here :)

Red and Orange fly out next Thursday, and just waiting on more details to finalise Burgundy's flight.

That leaves Luna, who is staying with us :D

Black girl flew out yesterday and got slightly stuck in Brisbane when the storm went through and her connecting flight from Brisbane was cancelled! :eek: Fortunately Dogtainers were onto it, made sure she was ok, and managed to get her onto another flight!

Very scary little period of time for ourselves and her new mum though!

White girl flew to Perth last Monday, and everyone else was picked up either last weekend or last week.

I have to say - wrangling 4 puppies is SOOOOO much nicer than wrangling 10! They were getting pretty hard to keep up with! :laugh:

My boy goes next weekend... to show home with a friend.. will run him thru baby puppy and will see how he goes after that...

The girl is staying... will be showen too.. Yes 2 is easy .. Mine are really good going to toilet outside and they are holding on at night. no poo's in puppy pen when I wake in morning.. plus they scream at me when they need to go out or go sit at the door and tell me off they need to go out lol

Oh very nice! Ours certainly aren't that good - we still get up to wet newspapers in the pen in the morning. Normally not pooey though, which is good.

Although I have to say, little burgundy - when we put them into the bigger pen with fresh paper first thing in the morning, she pees for aaaggeees! I think she must be holding on, and the look of relief on her face is precious! :laugh:

Hahaha.. the little girl has been getting me up at 4am for toilet run.. I don't mind.. but then its back to bed! and I will ignore the crying barking telling me off lol it isn't play time its back to bed till sun comes up.. She thought it was fun time out there pulling on my pants at 4am lol . But she has started with the barking and im trying to ignore it as im not going to give in, attention seeking .. shes very demanding even when im getting their lunch ready lol.. Little miss thinks shes queen lol