eschlachter - Rhodesian Ridgebacks due 24th born 21st3 girls 10 boys :eek:

Edited by Monteba

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

All going well, I should have a litter of Rhodesian Ridgebacks due the 24th of September.

Very excited!! The mating is- Aust Ch. Covaines Roxco Izaladyz (Leia) and BIS/BISS Aust Ch. Amakhosi Winds of Change (Makani). We had five ties over five days, from day 12-day 17 of Leia's season so hopefully.... :D

It will be the first litter for my prefix 'Devettes'.

How is everyone's girls going?

Surely there must be some more people with litters due in September? It's the first month of Spring - flowers, birds, and PUPPIES! :)

Nova is 4 weeks today, and already changing shape which is a bit scary. Either she's in whelp, and with a good sized litter, or she's having a ripper of a phantom!

We're doing well! All good signs, although the not-eating at the moment is driving me a bit crazy. Lei is day 28 today, can see a little bit of nipple development already but really its the mood swings that are the best sign currently lol :)

Being off her food is definitely a positive sign! :D

None of mine have ever done it... they're all too piggy.... but I read that it's a good sign!

Mind you, I think Nova did have one little episode of morning sickness, she had one breakfast where she actually chewed her food...

Thank you for your help! Much appreciate another opinion on the whole thing :thumbsup:

:D Love the stopping to chew! Lei has always been a bit picky but it's been so much worse over the last few days. You should see the look on her face when I put her bowl on the floor...She looks straight down her nose and you can see her thinking, really, you expect me to eat that!

I can't imagine my other two ever deciding not to eat though lol the setter lives for food :)

I haven't seen any changes in her shape yet- she has a really deep chest, and everyone's said to me that she will carry 'high' and won't drop for a while. It's her first pregnancy too (and mine lol).

It's a bit early to see shape changes really yet anyway - and particularly for a maiden girlie - but she sounds positive so far :)

I can see subtle changes in Nova's shape, but they are subtle and I can probably only notice them because I know what to expect :)

You should find in about a week Lei's shape will change quite quickly - they reach a point at around 5 weeks where the pups become large enough to cause the uterine horns to fold over, and this is when they suddenly start to look obviously pregnant. Once that happens she will almost look bigger by the day!

Then come 7 weeks.... the aliens start to move! That's the best part of all the waiting (apart from when they actually arrive, of course :) )