Snuggle Pods

Sail_Away

Has anyone seen or heard anything about these beds? They look fantastic! I have always liked the Snooza Cuddler beds and the Pods 4 Pets (http://www.pods4pets.com.au) have always been a favourite in this house but I keep hearing good reviews about 'Cozy Caves' but I think these look like better quality and more comfy....???

Oops meant to add a photo of the Snuggle Pod but won't let me upload file size - here is the website, made in Australia too thumbsup1.gifhttp://www.miyowandbarkley.com/accessories/beds/snuggle-pod-dark-chocolate-microsuede-large

Edited by Sail_Away

My Jack had a rufus and coco one (snuggle pod). Very nice, although she only ever slept on the top of it as it got too hot inside (the bedroom is usually warm as I feel the cold!). It got a bit flat though, so OH decided she needed a memory foam bed which she now has with blankets. Our current foster is an older silky boy though and he is loving the pod, uses it day and night :)

Edited by Tibbie_tabbie

I just made my own home-made cheapy version. Got a kids sleeping bag (rectangular size, flannel lining), placed the dogs' existing bed inside, sewed across the back then chopped off the excess, put a drop of super glue on the chopped part of the zip - voila! Cosy covered bed for ~ $30. But will only work for medium to small beds.

oops. Misread. Thought you were asking about the P4Ps. There are six in this house.

I have a friend with a Vizsla who has one. The dog loves it smile.gif

Haredown Whippets - Yep I have a P4P in this house too.. although it's a favourite it's got a fair few holes in it and I still need to cover her in a blanket cause she feels the cold so much, even with her coat on laugh.gif

Lisa - I have a Vizsla... I think I may know who your friend is that has a Pod or two... are there multiple V's in that household.. and a brown dog biggrin.gif

So I can def recommend Pods 4 Pets but just wondering about these Snuggle Pods as they act like a cave and my V LOVES to get under blankets/doona's etc to sleep

oops. Misread. Thought you were asking about the P4Ps. There are six in this house.

Haredown Whippets - Yep I have a P4P in this house too.. although it's a favourite it's got a fair few holes in it and I still need to cover her in a blanket cause she feels the cold so much, even with her coat on laugh.gif

Lisa - I have a Vizsla... I think I may know who your friend is that has a Pod or two... are there multiple V's in that household.. and a brown dog biggrin.gif

So I can def recommend Pods 4 Pets but just wondering about these Snuggle Pods as they act like a cave and my V LOVES to get under blankets/doona's etc to sleep

Must be a good bed for Vizslas (Vizslak?)! This one is a single dog household smile.gif

Must be a good bed for Vizslas (Vizslak?)! This one is a single dog household smile.gif

Oh ok so another Vizsla owner with a pod then... I think our community makes up about 3/4 of their sales rofl1.gif

I have one, my two don't go in it, but they love to sit on it. More convenient for washing than the beanbag they had previously.

For size comparison, my husky is on the larger size for husky's and he cannot curl very tightly, he still has plenty of room to sit on it.

In it would be quite tight, my female can curl tighter and she can get in there.

post-47335-0-04443100-1403859895_thumb.jpg

Both my husband and my sister have managed to squish their entire selves into it :doh: (not at the same time).

It is very well made, they aren't gentle with it and it doesn't show any wear and tear, I've had it for about a bit over a year and a half now.

It's fun to put squeaky toys in the middle and watch them find the opening and get them out :)

Oh bummer, Cosy caves are too expensive and my Viz feels the cold so he needs a snuggly bed :(

Or are our vizslas just sooks? 2 coats and a doona before mine is happy in this weather, been like that since day 1!

Yeah the cozy caves are a bit $$ - The snuggle pods are $160 for the large but only $5 postage which is great! In the email the company Miyow & Barkely said if it was too small I could return it within 7 days, so that is really good! I think it must be a V (and whippet) thing! my girl has her chilly dogs coat on during the day whilst inside cause she is shivering... and I live on the Gold Coast eek1.gif The Hungarian's would be rolling their eyes at their Australian ancestors! rofl1.gif

I have one, my two don't go in it, but they love to sit on it. More convenient for washing than the beanbag they had previously.

For size comparison, my husky is on the larger size for husky's and he cannot curl very tightly, he still has plenty of room to sit on it.

In it would be quite tight, my female can curl tighter and she can get in there.

post-47335-0-04443100-1403859895_thumb.jpg

Both my husband and my sister have managed to squish their entire selves into it :doh: (not at the same time).

It is very well made, they aren't gentle with it and it doesn't show any wear and tear, I've had it for about a bit over a year and a half now.

It's fun to put squeaky toys in the middle and watch them find the opening and get them out :)

Thanks so much for this info!!! So good to hear from someone with a large breed who has one.. if your female husky can fit in there then I have no doubt my V girl could too - mine can roll up very tightly and is a bit of a contortionist so would weasel her way in I'm sure.. great to hear they are well made - they looked to be from the pics - I didn't think the Cozy Cave's looked like they were very well made at all... What fabric is your Snuggle Pod in?

I looked at getting one of those for our girl - that or one of those igloo beds. But I wondered if she'd get too hot in it?

She sleeps on our bed instead. :D

They have one that is 100% cotton so I would imagine that would breathe a bit ... no different to being under a doona I guess.. sooooo tempting! eek!

Thanks so much for this info!!! So good to hear from someone with a large breed who has one.. if your female husky can fit in there then I have no doubt my V girl could too - mine can roll up very tightly and is a bit of a contortionist so would weasel her way in I'm sure.. great to hear they are well made - they looked to be from the pics - I didn't think the Cozy Cave's looked like they were very well made at all... What fabric is your Snuggle Pod in?

Mine is Toffee Apple Red Microsuede, if you get this colour NEVER wash it with anything you don't want pink/red. Even after a year and a half it's still turning my stray socks pink! :laugh:

The first time I saw a snuggle pod was a photo with a lab snuggled up in one so larger size dogs can definitely fit if they are the snuggling/burying type.

Mine try to 'dig' in it to put the foam in just the right spots to make it comfy but you can't tell, there is no marks on it at all. If it gets dirty the red cover comes off and goes in the wash. If it gets really dirty or some kind of liquid soaks through it then the red cover goes for a wash and the inside foam cover goes for a wash too whilst the foam lives in a box.

The only negative is that the foam can get a bit lumpy sometimes but I think that is unavoidable without using beans like in a bean bag, and overall the foam is so much easier to deal with than beans.