Parramatta Park

Yesterday I visited Parramatta Park to meet Brandiandwe and Benny the Greyhound who is now officially known as BBB (Big Beautiful Benny) :laugh:

Oh gosh, it was just a beautiful day - the Park is gorgeous: huge, wide open spaces, walking tracks as well as roads, cafe and restaurant, plenty of parking inside the park. Water birds everywhere. I learned that some cute as plump little birds are White Tailed Water Hens.

Just thought I'd put it out here that it is really worth a visit with the dogs (didn't check if it is off leash), but it doesn't need to be really.

Note: that's a weekday. I've no idea what it is like on a weekend, but it is so big I imagine it would still be fine (in terms of taking your dogs, I mean).

Lovely to meet you yesterday - will you be sharing photos? Benny had a great time and backed if up this morning with a full lap of the park (about 4 km) with no limping. I'm beginning to think he's a bit of a diva.

It's an on-leash park which makes it nice for people like me. We were there this morning with 14 greyhounds for a walk and everyone found parking. Really it's only an issue if there are events on. For instance next weekend is Winterfest so parking will be tight.

:eek: A diva?? He'll start having gender confusion LOL. So pleased to hear he wasn't limping.

Because there are so many issues and bad experiences with Off Leash Parks, I'm glad it is on leash. As I said, there is so much room, dogs are able to walk freely and don't have to be off leash to enjoy themselves.

I haven't taken a dog to P'matta park since having April, & I haven't been to Lake P'matta since I was a young girl & neighbours took me. Keep asking hubby to take me there. I didn't know it was off lead. I know when I first joined DOL & started going onto the BC thread one of the regular posters back then took photos of his BC in the most beautiful river spot. I asked him where it was & was surprised it was P'matta Pk. Will try & find them.

It is a great park - we used to take our two there a lot for swimming back in the day :)

Another great spot not far from there (technically on leash) is Lake Parramatta.

Note: Parking can be a real cow.

Amazingly there are people who have lived in the area for many years who don't know about the lake. It's a western Sydney secret.

Years ago it was open all the time and humans were allowed to swim there too. They've spent the last 10 years removing the ducks and trying to clean it up again.

Used to ride the Horses in Parramatta park , Years ago Penfold riding school was in Westmead near the Hospital and the ride was to ,around and back from the park :)

Parramatta was a swimming hole for many including me and Boys used to ask us girls if

we would like to go there of a night to see the Luminous ducks :laugh:

Glad to hear its dog friendly and dogs must be on a leash so much safer :)

Parramatta park is great, I walk the loop every Friday with my mothers group. The gatehouse tea house is lovely for a special treat and the owner is so accommodating.

I finally braved taking one of my dogs this week and he had a ball. Enjoyed the walk and loved up all the snuggles from both the kids and mummies.

post-11094-0-69662500-1404019287_thumb.jpg

Used to ride the Horses in Parramatta park , Years ago Penfold riding school was in Westmead near the Hospital and the ride was to ,around and back from the park :)

Parramatta was a swimming hole for many including me and Boys used to ask us girls if

we would like to go there of a night to see the Luminous ducks :laugh:

Glad to hear its dog friendly and dogs must be on a leash so much safer :)

There is a really big beautiful horse who is often seen being walked/ridden around the park. The cafe even have scraps bucket that they have for him. Love having to step round him to go order a coffee :D