Custom Crates

Does any one know where I can enquire about custom built crates to be fitted to my boot which can also be removed when needed. ?? no really sure how to go about it, I want to separate my boot into two sections but be able to remove it when I want so I still have full use of my boot.

You can get custom built "luggage cages" like tradies get done to their vans - as long as there are no air bags in that part of the car.

I've got custom built luggage cage in the back of my Landcruiser for camping trips. So much better to have shelves and drawer systems than have everything bouncing around in the back. And I can unbolt it all and remove it if I want to put something that doesn't fit.

When I got it built - I took all the boxes I wanted to use as "drawers" and a "dive tub" and a car fridge with me - so that the guy building the thing had them to check measurements.

I have a shelf high up that fits a fold up crate nicely. Unfortunately for me - that particular crate has died. And the new caprice one doesn't fit on the other shelf either - but it does fit in the gap between the back doors and the cage. The cage could do with some modifications to make it more usuable when I'm not camping but it is so much better than nothing.

So I guess you could ask at your local 4WD camping club - (eg landcruiser club) where they get their vehicles done.

Or google auto fitters, vehicle fit outs, motor trimmers - this is one of the best in Adelaide. But they won't fit a cage where there are airbags and they're wary of fixing seatbelts or replacing them where the "explosive" systems are fitted (eg Toyota after 1999...)

http://www.willshire.com.au/vans-utes-4wd/custom-fit-outs.html

I went through all this last year, tracking down tradies and getting quotes or being told it was too hard/would be too expensive. Looked into bringing one in from the UK but that was way too dear (the crate was ok, the freight was horrendous). A DOLer put me on to a guy on Fb who made one for me based on the type he was making, but when I looked on Fb after a query in another thread, he doesn't seem to be there anymore. It's not exactly what I wanted, as I really wanted a UK Barjo, but it's defnitely OK for 2 medium dogs. Unfortunately one of mine is large so it's a squeeze for him, but ok for short journeys. Mine takes up most of my boot, with a divider for the 2 dogs.

Does any one know where I can enquire about custom built crates to be fitted to my boot which can also be removed when needed. ?? no really sure how to go about it, I want to separate my boot into two sections but be able to remove it when I want so I still have full use of my boot.

Even if I just had a divider. I give a friend a lift to shows and training but gus really doesnt like her pup because she is quite bouncy when she gets in the car and it annoys him and im a little over taking my crate in and out of the car lol its a hassle so I just need something to separate them. He would just tell her off and get over it I think but possibly not the best think to do in the boot