Benny: One Month In

Brandiandwe

Benny has been living with us for a month now - tomorrow it will be a month to the day, as we picked him up on June 1st. DH and I were giving everyone a pack hug (two humans, four greys, big smiles with everyone), and he agreed that he couldn't imagine Benny living anywhere else. So, while I'm not sure if I really believe it yet, I think it's safe to say that Benny has found his forever home. No surprise to anyone else here!

So, I thought I'd put the photos I've taken this month up to share with everyone because so many of you have been so supportive of our bringing him home and settling him in.

Benny in the pound - this is his photo from the Renbury site.

Bennyinthepound_zpsf265fd17.jpg

First night home - he'd had a vet visit, a bath, a long car ride,a walk with three new dogs and two new humans.

imagejpg2_zps31fdd2d6.jpg

First week, in at work with me.

10397837_10152863328908835_9192283496422169122_n_zpsec97a17e.jpg

My sunbather.

imagejpg5_zpsb9c2f9d0.jpg

In 'his bed'. He doesn't actually use that bed any more. He prefers to sleep at the foot of our bed, while Hermon sleeps on that bed beside DH who is 'his' human. However, Benny is also the dog most often found wedged between DH and I on our bed.

imagejpg3_zps1527ceb3.jpg

This coat is a real favorite. He snuggles into it and it really suits him.

imagejpg6_zps2fdba274.jpg

Edited by Brandiandwe

And yesterday we went down to the dog park for the first time. I was interested to see how he went. Our girls love to run, Hermon runs occasionally but takes his retirement very seriously. But Benny I wasn't sure about - he did race, but it was a long long time ago and I wasn't sure how his body would feel about it.

We started with a gentle warm-up.

P6292197_zpsfcf18341.jpg

P6292220_zps562ccb8c.jpg

P6292224_zps28d8ca75.jpg

P6292232_zps9ffba25b.jpg

Benny demonstrates the dance of his people. No idea what he's doing there or why...

e4b405c5-4ebc-46a0-bf56-7f89ba846489_zps494404e1.jpg

DH and I spoke at the end of last year about adding another dog. In the end, we decided reluctantly that three was enough. Obviously the universe knew that someone else was coming along who needed a hand. So I delayed my Borzoi, DH has delayed his deerhound, because the hole in our family was Benny sized and shaped.

Thanks for looking.

Benny demonstrates the dance of his people. No idea what he's doing there or why...

DH and I spoke at the end of last year about adding another dog. In the end, we decided reluctantly that three was enough. Obviously the universe knew that someone else was coming along who needed a hand. So I delayed my Borzoi, DH has delayed his deerhound, because the hole in our family was Benny sized and shaped.

Thanks for looking.

Tears in my eyes to read this..... if it is not the best summary of rescue then I do not know what is.

A month already?

The Universe surely knew how to give Benny a wonderful chance of a new life.

Fun times that weekend I will always recall.

Abundant Blessings to all.

:love:

ps. stunning photos :heart:

Thanks for looking.

Tears in my eyes to read this..... if it is not the best summary of rescue then I do not know what is.

A month already?

The Universe surely knew how to give Benny a wonderful chance of a new life.

Fun times that weekend I will always recall.

Abundant Blessings to all.

:love:

ps. stunning photos :heart:

Nawwww, just lovely :) Congratulations! Sounds like Benny has landed in a super home, and just look at the fun he is having in the park :D

:cheer: go Benny :cheer:

This news has made my day. So pleased for darling Benny. Has made my heart sing. Some things are just meant to be.

Adored the photo's, especially the pep's dance. He looks like he has lived with you forever Brandiandwe :thanks:

Edited by BC Crazy