Ipad App For Recording Dog Barking

charli73

Hello,

Can anyone suggest an app I can use which is noise/bark activated so I can tape my dog barking while I'm at work.. I don't want to purchase a voice recorder... Maybe one I can look at graphs of bad barking periods over a day?

Ive had a vicious and threatening letter from an anonymous neighbor against our 8yo Dog who is at home while I work part time. They claim in an earlier nasty note they work night shift and our dog stops them sleeping during the day.

She barks when we leave for work at 7am then returns inside to sleep for most of the day (what she does when I'm home). I'd like to know exactly how bad she is barking.

I've contacted police who can't do anything as we have no idea who it is. Council have been wonderful but I fear for my dogs safety. I have no one I can ask to babysit our dog and we're closing our front gates to stop access down the driveway. I have purchased cameras to monitor the outdoors but haven't had a chance to install them (can't use power tools after 7pm..)

Any suggestions would be great... We have toddlers also who could be at risk if something is thrown over the fence.

Edited by charli73

If you have a computer or laptop with a microphone you can download a program called audacity. You will be able to see spikes in noise when you review it. Also take note of the time you start the recording so you know when the noise is happening.

Hopefully seeing as these neighbors have written a letter they're not planning to bait anytime soon.

Also might be worth having a chat to your neighbors, not necessarily to find out who it was but see if you can gather more information and let people know you're serious about trying to resolve the issue.

I've used a sleep talking recorder app in the past, it's sound activated and gives you a time stamp if I recall correctly. I can't remember the name of it sorry but it should be easy to find something similar.

A neighbour in my street had an issue with their dogs barking (constantly according to neighbours near them). A complaint was put in to council so they wrote a letter and put it in all the surrounding neighbours' letterboxes asking to discuss the complaint with the person. Well one neighbour did go over and say their dogs were a problem and they worked with them to sort it out.

So I guess I would approach your neighbours closest to you and ask if there is a problem as you would like to get on top of it now. I would also install your camera and hook it up to your laptop so you can record what goes on during the day. I do agree, a neighbour who takes the time to tell you there is a problem (even if done anonymously) doesn't intend to hurt your dog, they are just unhappy about their sleep being disturbed.

If your dog barks when you leave for work, is it possible for you to give him a bone or something to distract him when you leave. Maybe leave some enrichment toys around to keep him mentally stimulated?

If you have a computer or laptop with a microphone you can download a program called audacity. You will be able to see spikes in noise when you review it. Also take note of the time you start the recording so you know when the noise is happening.

Audacity is great - I'm a bit paranoid about mine making a noise so have used it a lot - I can pick a bark from a passing plane just by looking at the soundwaves.

Thanks ppl have bark n mad and it was good for the day I was at work.. Will check out the other one too,

Oh and Daecy & Zoe unfortunately this neighbor has said 'shut your f### c--t dog up or I will do it for you' and went on to say we were rude c@@@s etc etc so I am taking this threat seriously... Our neighbor got the same abusive letter a month ago re their dog accompanied by red paint splashed all over their front door step so we have a crazy mad neighbor somewhere..

I know all the neighbors and our neighbor approached all of them so not sure if we missed one?..

id keep her inside till its sorted. These guys are usually weak little cowards as they don't have the ticker to come to your door. But they are the dangerous ones. Id love 5mins with a tool like this. Get the cameras set up as well.

I agree with getting cameras up, and contacting the police. All of my neighbours believe we have cameras up in our yard, one was threatening the dogs and I told him we have cameras, haven't heard a peep from the a-hole since!