Crates Are So Cruel ;)

As I got into bed last night, all the dogs were sound asleep already and I thought about those people who think crates are cruel and mean - yup my lot look very uncomfortable and stressed don't they :laugh:

Daisy sleeps on top of Louis's crate at the foot of our bed.

post-34105-0-47932100-1404191100_thumb.jpg

Louis sleeps on a sheepskin when it's cold.

post-34105-0-78755800-1404191139_thumb.jpg

And Poppy snuggles under a duvet.

post-34105-0-70740200-1404191176_thumb.jpg

p.s it's been quite chilly here at nights recently, hence all the clothes :)

Terribly cruel! ;)

Sometimes when it's cold I try to lure Astro into sleeping on my bed with me... unsuccessfully.

He happily pops himself into his snuggly bed in his crate and won't budge.

I have two soft crates here in the lounge room and a dog sheepskin rug randomly placed on the floor. I have two dogs lying in crates and none on the sheepskin. Crate doors are open and neither dog was told to go into the crates. They went in on their own choice. Third dog is on the couch with my partner.

Yep. Crates are most definitely cruel. Mine love theirs!

As I got into bed last night, all the dogs were sound asleep already and I thought about those people who think crates are cruel and mean - yup my lot look very uncomfortable and stressed don't they :laugh:

Daisy sleeps on top of Louis's crate at the foot of our bed.

post-34105-0-47932100-1404191100_thumb.jpg

Louis sleeps on a sheepskin when it's cold.

post-34105-0-78755800-1404191139_thumb.jpg

And Poppy snuggles under a duvet.

post-34105-0-70740200-1404191176_thumb.jpg

p.s it's been quite chilly here at nights recently, hence all the clothes :)

Wonders, hoepfully, if there is a chance I might be reincarnated and come to your home, (please) ? :thumbsup:

Seems just the right amount of cruelty.

It's 8.30 here and Earl has reluctantly gone to lie on the rug because I won't let him into the room to go to bed in his crate yet. The spoilt beast has a satin sheet draped over his - the kelpie sleeps in our walk in robe in hers.

Great pics everyone!

Not a crate related question, but where does one buy sheepskin? And how easy is it to wash/keep clean?

It looks very warm and comfy, and would be a great alternative for the doggies to sleep on, compared to all those horrid polyester "fleece" blankies

Great pics everyone!

Not a crate related question, but where does one buy sheepskin? And how easy is it to wash/keep clean?

It looks very warm and comfy, and would be a great alternative for the doggies to sleep on, compared to all those horrid polyester "fleece" blankies

Most of mine are ex car seat covers. Not as easy to keep clean as fleece. I wash mine in the sink with wool wash then place flat on an airier in the shade.

I have another coloured one, some one on eBay sells them for about $65 plus I have seen them sold by some local dog business that does home treats, training aids and other bits n bobs.

Nathan always used to look at me disapprovingly when he'd drag himself out of bed at 10am-ish, and the dogs were still in their crates (I would have been awake by 7am at the latest)

Until I woke him up early one day and he tried to get them to go outside to toilet before 10am! :laugh: