Farewell Leopuppy

leopuppy04

Amanda I am so very very sorry to hear of Leo's passing.

He was a gorgeous dog who I always admired as we were watching quietly on the sidelines at trials.

May all the happy memories keep flooding in to fill the void. Don't be sad that he has gone, revel in the fact that you were able to share so much.

RIP Leo

Black dogs- on Tuesday we suspected lymphosarcoma and on Sunday he was gone. There were almost no symptoms and it was only me being an overly attentive dog mum that made me get bloods and some tests done. I just can't believe it. I thought I had months left. I miss him so much. I keep thinking I see him at home and I have to do a double take.

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. I can't express how special my man was to me. He watched me and helped me grow from a teen to an adult and helped me become the person I am today. It is through him I made amazing friends. He is my dog of firsts. He was my very first puppy too.

Black dogs- on Tuesday we suspected lymphosarcoma and on Sunday he was gone. There were almost no symptoms and it was only me being an overly attentive dog mum that made me get bloods and some tests done. I just can't believe it. I thought I had months left. I miss him so much. I keep thinking I see him at home and I have to do a double take.

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. I can't express how special my man was to me. He watched me and helped me grow from a teen to an adult and helped me become the person I am today. It is through him I made amazing friends. He is my dog of firsts. He was my very first puppy too.

How traumatic for you to have such a sudden loss. What a beauty he was.

Sorry for your loss LP. Leo was my first intro to Aussies as well and started my love of Blue Merles. He looked like such a cuddly bear.

He certainly was that Keisha. A big loveable idiot. :)

Hugs again.

Our first dog touches us so totally deeply forever.

:love:

:hug:

Thanks TSD. It didn't disappear - it was just 'awaiting approval' which I hadn't done yet.

Thanks for your kind words - you made me cry again :cry:. I miss my loveable idiot so much. It's hard to not see him every single day and I think he was as special to me as Miss Bronte was to you. Why the good ones never stay long enough I will never understand.

I got sent a lovely message from a friend saying "How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard". I have to say I agree. Yes, it hurts now, but I can't imagine what my life would be if I had never had/ owned or met my lovely boy. I wouldn't be a breeder, competitor and likely wouldn't be a trainer. He didn't make training easy for me, but he was the best teacher I could have ever wanted and every success we will achieve now and into the future will be, in a little way, because of what he taught me.

My heart is breaking for you LP :( x Our two very different but equally special companions have brought so much joy to so many people - and managed to educate them along the way. That's something I hold very dear to my heart and I hope you do too.

Leo was the goofiest, most darling boy and we have been raising our glasses to him each night here in The Spotted Devil household. This beautiful poetry strikes a chord with me and I hope it does with you xxx

On Joy and Sorrow

Kahlil Gibran

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.

And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.

And how else can it be?

The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.

Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?

And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?

When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

Some of you say, "Joy is greater than sorrow," and others say, "Nay, sorrow is the greater."

But I say unto you, they are inseparable.

Together they come, and when one sits, alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed.

Verily you are suspended like scales between your sorrow and your joy.

Only when you are empty are you at standstill and balanced.

When the treasure-keeper lifts you to weigh his gold and his silver, needs must your joy or your sorrow rise or fall.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

• 10 months later...

Today would have been your 11th birthday mate. Missing you now more than ever.

It's easier now to think of you and speak of you with laughter instead of choking up. It still seems so unfair that I didn't get long enough with you, but I suppose now I will always remember you as young at heart with a spring in your step. I never had to watch you grow old or frail.

I see you in so many Aussies that are still around and kicking today. Your little brother Brock is just so like you and every time I play with him I see a little glimpse of you too. Koda is growing up to be just like his big Uncle Leo. He has taken many sleeping spots that you used to lie in and I think the two of you have secured my love of blue merle boys. I will always have to have a blue kid in my life.

I know you are not alone up there for as the months have passed, there have been some canine friends who have joined you at the bridge. I'm sure you guys are having a great party up there as you wait for us.

We talk of you often at trials - of the way you barked all the way around your agility courses focusing more on getting a good camera angle than the task ahead. We talk of your lovely heelwork, your brain farts in UD and I still remember the time you ran out of the ring to get your little cuz squeaker and presented it to me SO proudly instead of getting your seekback article. You knew how to make me laugh, you knew what buttons to push to make me so mad at you, but then you would just wriggle with glee and I couldn't help but smile!

The house is quiet still without you around. You had such a presence. I hope you are having a great party up there today - on your special day. May it be filled with the loudest, biggest cuz ball to squeak, butt scratches all day long and the best treats.