Amazing Story. And Sad Too.

felix

I'm not an expert on behaviour but I very much doubt the dog did anything to save the girl. Strange that the bullmastiff was allegedly dragging the girl down the street by her arm but she escaped unhurt?

The story sounds like rubbish journalism written by someone who hasn't actually even considered what they've written.

I'm not an expert on behaviour but I very much doubt the dog did anything to save the girl. Strange that the bullmastiff was allegedly dragging the girl down the street by her arm but she escaped unhurt?

The story sounds like rubbish journalism written by someone who hasn't actually even considered what they've written.

Reading must be a dying skill these days.

It clearly says: "dachshund named Leo, which ran over and bit the mastiff on the leg, sparking a fight between the animals" and "this distracted the mastiff that turned round and started fighting with the dachshund".

As for girl being unhurt: "her left hand was all bitten" and "the child has been released from hospital and is now recovering at home". Clearly not unhurt.

The story is actually true. They are going to erect a monument for this little dog.

From the article

The child has been released from hospital and is now recovering at home.

Poor dacshund, but that's their natures. Very brave. He deserves a memorial.

Reading must be a dying skill these days.

It clearly says: "dachshund named Leo, which ran over and bit the mastiff on the leg, sparking a fight between the animals" and "this distracted the mastiff that turned round and started fighting with the dachshund".

As for girl being unhurt: "her left hand was all bitten" and "the child has been released from hospital and is now recovering at home". Clearly not unhurt.

The story is actually true. They are going to erect a monument for this little dog.

Yes, definitely a dying skill, as is writing and reporting on news.

Leo was fatally wounded, but his intervention had allowed the girl, named Sofia Vucetic, to escape unharmed

Rubbish journalism. I still doubt the little dog did anything to save anyone intentionally, although that may have been the end result.

A Dachie in Brisbane saved his teenage girl owner few years back. And this deed was acknowledged by the police & the RSPCA. Some bloke was attacking & sexually assaulting women on walking tracks. Police were desperate to stop him.

But he met his comeuppance when he grabbed this girl as she was walking her Dachie. The little dog turned into an attack machine and bit into the bloke's leg from behind. Wouldn't let go. Bloke took off. First time the bloke had been sent packing & a determined little Dachie had done it. A lot of praise from police ... & the RSPCA awarded him a medal for bravery ... & a great big bone.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2007-01-17/dog-rewarded-for-biting-sex-attacker/2174054

Edited by mita