Croc Attack

kelpiecuddles

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John certainly won't be punished. He's a much loved croc and it's generally accepted that if you hope in an enclosure with a dangerous animal you stand a chance of getting hurt. I always said I was happy to assist in those shows and I'd be OK doing a show with venomous snakes but I drew the line at presented the croc show.

Information from the inside word is that he has gone for surgery but it's still just a stitches job, it's surgery to put things together nicely as I understand it, functionality is still good. :) (Plus clean things out I imagine, croc have some nasty germs in their mouths)

Like I mentioned earlier, they stated on their facebook page yesterday that he was having surgery today. So it's public knowledge.

John certainly won't be punished. He's a much loved croc and it's generally accepted that if you hope in an enclosure with a dangerous animal you stand a chance of getting hurt. I always said I was happy to assist in those shows and I'd be OK doing a show with venomous snakes but I drew the line at presented the croc show.

Information from the inside word is that he has gone for surgery but it's still just a stitches job, it's surgery to put things together nicely as I understand it, functionality is still good. :) (Plus clean things out I imagine, croc have some nasty germs in their mouths)

Like I mentioned earlier, they stated on their facebook page yesterday that he was having surgery today. So it's public knowledge.

I'm reading the bolded comment as "it's still just a stitches job HOWEVER it's surgery to put things back together nicely etc., The 'however' is my word meaning the surgery is not as straight forward as just needing stitches. I may be way off track but that's what I took kelpiecuddles comments to mean.

Maybe kelpiecuddles will come back to clarify.

Edited by cavNrott

There is a video here of the actual moment that Trent got grabbed and dragged in to the water. If you don't have a good stomach maybe don't watch but it's pretty amazing how well Trent handled the whole thing, getting out of the water and telling the crowd he was OK and to calm down!

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/24414152/moment-croc-attacked-handler/

I just saw that and couldn't help but think...who the heck keeps filming???

I'm reading the bolded comment as "it's still just a stitches job HOWEVER it's surgery to put things back together nicely etc., The 'however' is my word meaning the surgery is not as straight forward as just needing stitches. I may be way off track but that's what I took kelpiecuddles comments to mean.

Maybe kelpiecuddles will come back to clarify.

First, OP said they talked to a family friend who said it was just stitches, but the zoo's statement clearly said surgery. Then OP says inside information is surgery. It's not inside information if it's public knowledge.

Yes i just meant that he does need surgery but the repairs are more cosmetic than functional(he still has all his fingers and they are working well) and also that croc bites are dirty so need to be cleaned out well. I'm not arguing with you Cody, the people involved in this are people who I know personally and care about.

Poochmad my thinking is that he was already filming through the camera when it happened and might not have even thought to drop his camera hand in that moment, you notice he does drop his hand when he runs around to the front of the tank and only lifts it momentarily again when Trent gets out at the end.

Yes i just meant that he does need surgery but the repairs are more cosmetic than functional(he still has all his fingers and they are working well) and also that croc bites are dirty so need to be cleaned out well. I'm not arguing with you Cody, the people involved in this are people who I know personally and care about.

Poochmad my thinking is that he was already filming through the camera when it happened and might not have even thought to drop his camera hand in that moment, you notice he does drop his hand when he runs around to the front of the tank and only lifts it momentarily again when Trent gets out at the end.

Who said anything about arguing? I'm simply stating your insider information is public knowledge.

Cody believe it or not, not everyone in the world has facebook. I never disputed him having surgery, i simply elaborated on the purpose of the surgery. Unless you have something nice to say maybe you should find something better to do with your time.

Cody believe it or not, not everyone in the world has facebook. I never disputed him having surgery, i simply elaborated on the purpose of the surgery. Unless you have something nice to say maybe you should find something better to do with your time.

I'm sorry that simply pointing out facts is not nice or starting an argument.

Trent has always been a great showman and very professional. He also has an amazingly high pain threshold. I saw him have some pretty nasty injuries whilst working there and he barely noticed lol

Guess it helps with the job , and may mean the difference between life & death - as in pain doesn't distract from clear thinking ....

Usually they use the chicken maryland cut for that part of the show and then a few smaller bits for other tricks(well at least that's what I would supply when I was cutting the meat for the show and was what Nick, the owner, usually requested), not sure why the croc was getting that this time, looked more like a chicken breast, maybe being school holidays they were trying to use smaller pieces as the crocs do more shows than usual.