First Dog On The Moon On ... Rescuing A Dog

Boronia

Cute, but most reputable rescuers would have given her a clean up at least before having her desexed. :)

Absolutely essential - getting them cleaned up should be step 1! You can take them to the vet for an initial check up but unless the vet can bath/groom (some do) prior to surgery, you take them home and at least bath them and trim off the filthy matts/poo dags as best you can.

Desexing surgery is invasive, it's more likely to lead to an infection if the dog is filthy. Obviously they shave the immediate area around the wound but there would be a huge risk of infection from the rest of the dog's body.

Other than that, I like it!

Edited by Her Majesty Dogmad

IMO, First Dog on the Moon is one of the best social & political commentators in this country. His satire is brilliant.

I'm glad to see him going in to bat for rescue dogs. :thumbsup:

why in hell would you not wash them first? And yes, do not agree with the ethics at all of a group that has no real direction and fosters continual misinformation about the subject they are talking about, and is doing so much to actually help remove all hobby breeding from Australia and replace it with the choices of either rescue dogs or large scale operators

I think it was more about making an amusing cartoon, LindaK, rather than depicting what actually happens.

ETA: Pounds are generally the places that are guilty of not cleaning up dogs and making them physically comfortable :mad

Edited by Dame Danny's Darling