Corgi Rent

Png

Hi,

I'm new and not sure if this is the right forum to post this but it's a friend's birthday on the 11th of this month and she's really into corgis. I was wondering if anyone here is from Melbourne and has a corgi and was willing to rent out the corgi for her to play with for an hour?

We're on Franklin Street in the Melbourne CBD next to RMIT University. Will pay for rental and transportation costs.

Nice thought - but I really don't think anyone would send off their precious dog like that ;)

perhaps ask if there are any dog show /demonstrations on around that time - and take your friend ? They would then see LOTS - and really get a corgi fix! :)

Why not contact the Welsh Corgi Club of Victoria to see if they have an event coming up?

that is the link I included ;) ..but here is the URL

http://corgiclubvic.com/

I'm not in VIC, but I wouldn't rent out my corgis to anyone. I would, however, come along with a dog or two so your friend can have cuddles and then leave with my dog/s. Perhaps consider that as an option.

I think people are misinterpreting the request - I don't think they are asking that you drop off the dog and let them play with it.

Hey why not if you're there to supervise - better to give someone the chance to spend time with a breed they love than them going off and getting a puppy.

I think people are misinterpreting the request - I don't think they are asking that you drop off the dog and let them play with it.

Hey why not if you're there to supervise - better to give someone the chance to spend time with a breed they love than them going off and getting a puppy.

Agree, I think it's a nice idea :)

I think it is a lovely idea. If I had corgis I would oblige.

There is an older lady near me, who had border collies on her parents farm. I always stop to let her cuddle my dogs and she tells me stories about her dog. All part of being a purebred dog ambassador.

Hi everyone, first and foremost, thanks for all your replies and feedback.

Perhaps I was not very clear in my request. I just wanted to surprise my friend who has a passion for corgi dogs on her birthday. She mentioned she wants to have lots of them when she has her own place. Of course if anyone were to lend/rent their dog out to us, the owner would be there to supervise.

Special thanks to persephone and dragonwoman for linking me to the page, and to Austerra for notice on the dog show.

Also, thank you Danois for noting and stating that I'm not asking for someone to simply drop off their beloved pet at my doorstep and leave.

This is a very nice site, filled with dog lovers and such. Thank you everyone once again for your replies. They were informative and useful.

Cheers!

My friend's partner in Melbourne has 2, one is a grumpy old fellow of 15 yrs but the girl was one a friend in Sydney had rescued who needed a great home and she's very sociable so if you don't have any other options, send me a pm - he's a huge Corgi enthusiast and would probably enjoy meeting someone with the same passion.

Edited by Her Majesty Dogmad

Agree, I think it's a nice idea :)

Yes, too. As described above, I think it's a lovely idea. Not much different from the number of times, I've been asked to take the tibbie girls on a visit to someone for a special reason. Good time had by all.

Guest donatella

No you weren't clear in your 1st post. I read it & went :eek: :laugh: Nice idea.

Easier to take her to visit a dog show though & speak to owners after they have come out of the ring.

Yes apologies I read the 'transport costs' and presumed you meant ship the dog off for a few hours without the owner lol!!

What a sweet thing to try to organise :)

We took our Stafford boy to Melbourne with us to hang out in the city and he had a great day, so did we as people mustn't see too many medium size dogs hanging out in the city. He got lots and lots of attention and love and we got to chat to heaps of people.

So my point was if anyone has a Corgi and wants a nice day out, I would recommend it highly.

Only bad point was it made my desire to move to Melbourne and be a local reach an even greater longing :(