(4th Dayd Update)(solved)urgent- Puppy Blood In Poo

ka89

Short update here.

The stool looks fine in the morning. He become active and cry for access of backyard, this is the 1st time I hear he crying.

This is from yesterday

4QYG1lt.jpg

FdSiSyl.jpg

This is from today, a lot better,no blood.

http://i.imgur.com/36lkNSn.jpg

He eating well today and willing to play with me. However, I booked another vet check just in case. Will keep reporting.

Thanks everyone provided helpful advice and information, really appreciated.

Btw, regarding to the question that asked which suburb do I live- Clarkson 6030 WA

I booked vetwxxx for my pup check, this one is not on the recommend list in the puppy pack and I think they are not related.

The vet(yesterday) gave me metrogyl to the pup, I do the research on internet ppl said it might harm to growing puppy, is that true? Should I still use the tablet before I see another vet?

Edited by ka89

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show those pictures to the new vet... I'd say that your pup may have a case of worms and may need at least a worming treatment. I've found that Canex is better on the gut than Drontal... ask for Canex if the vet has it.

May I ask what you are feeding the pup?

Oh - and we definitely need to see some photos of the cute pup in question... *grin*

T.

Metrogyl shouldn't harm the puppy if it's only a prophylactic dose.

The blood and mucousy look of the second photo looks a lot like what I used to see in rescue pups with a heavy worm burden. I'd be looking at hookworm or whipworm moreso than the usual roundworm/tapeworm. Need an all-wormer like Canex that will cover most types of worms. Drontal will cover all worms, but may also make your pup nauseous/sick if the worm burden is a large one.

T.

Edited by tdierikx

I can see blood in that stool, both pic's, I think??? :confused::(

Oh just saw your post, sorry Sheena. Yes me too.

Your puppy needs to go to a another Vet, not the one the pet shop sent you to, ASAP.

That stool looks far from good IMHO.

God I wish bloody pet shops would stop selling anything with a heart beat. ERRRRRR.

Edited by BC Crazy

I think those photos are of the old bloody stools, the new picture looks free of blood.

I'd certainly be getting a complete vet check by a non related vet, have the vet explain the worming and vaccination schedule and read up on puppy socialization in the pinned threads at the top of this forum. smile.gif

Short update here.

The stool looks fine in the morning. He become active and cry for access of backyard, this is the 1st time I hear he crying.

He eating well today and willing to play with me. However, I booked another vet check just in case. Will keep reporting.

Thanks everyone provided helpful advice and information, really appreciated.

Btw, regarding to the question that asked which suburb do I live- Clarkson 6030 WA

I booked vetwxxx for my pup check, this one is not on the recommend list in the puppy pack and I think they are not related.

The vet(yesterday) gave me metrogyl to the pup, I do the research on internet ppl said it might harm to growing puppy, is that true? Should I still use the tablet before I see another vet?

ka89

A good vet will run a simple E.L.I.S.A parvo test, ask to see a poo sample, palpate the tummy, listen to the gut sounds, pinch the skin on the pup's neck and check areas such as the gums and eyes.

A good vet will explain everything you need to know. They will also explain what they are prescribing and why.

You do seem to be a little confused and not aware of what you are looking at or why you are medicating. A good vet doesn't let people walk out of their clinic and have to google the rest of the information.

So stop googling. :) It will only worry you. Get a good vet.

And

Metrogyl is commonly used, it's just that with any medication there is good and bad.

For example, when you give a course of anti-biotics it will kill all bacteria (both good and bad), then afterwards it is advised to give pro-biotics to re-establish healthy bacteria that everybody needs.

Dolers...any takers for Clarkson 6030 WA Recommended vet needed. :thumbsup:

DEFINTELY go to another vet!! and take the pup TODAY!!

Most vets will offer a free puppy check-up to get you to start going to them as your regular vet. Ditch the pet store vet.

Hi :)

How confusing and worrying for you ..trying your best, but not knowing much about how dogs "work" . I am glad you came here to ask .

make sure the vet EXPLAINS /writes down what medicines , and what they are for :)

Don't be sucked into buying an expensive dog food the vet sells

definitely show vet those poo photos .

Do NOT let pup touch the ground/floor at the vets - or let other dogs "kiss him" This will help avoid picking up an infection ...and maybe stop anything spreading from him ...

keep puppy well away from other dogs - and friends who have dogs at home . IF he has anything nasty - you don't want to spread it around :(

Keep us posted :)

I agree STOP googling - if you know very little , it can be so scary !!! ;)

Ocean Keys Vet is where I go and they are in Clarkson. Highly recommend.

I had a friend work there when she was a vet student, that was a long time ago though. Good to hear it's still one of the better vets.

Puppies are not flat and sad.. They are bouncy happy little guys who love people - usually..

A puppy that just lays on the floor and has blood in the stool like that, would be going straight to another vet for a second opinion..