My Precious Maisie

*kirty*

I'm devastated to let you know that we lost Maisie last night. I had to rush her to the vet at midnight. She was suddenly in a lot of pain, her gums were pale and she had laboured breathing. I thought maybe she had bloat. They did an xray and found a football sized tumour in her abdomen, probably growing from her spleen. It was pushing all her organs into her chest. Vet thinks it ruptured and thats why she was in so much pain. Surgery wasn't a realistic option. I asked if I could give her strong pain meds and at least bring her home for the night but the vet said she would just get worse and worse. I had to let her go. I just can't believe it. She was the best dog and I love her so much. She seemed perfect and then suddenly she is gone. :(

Maisie was the best dog. Ibswear she understood English. She was my first dog that was just mine. A lady gave her to me when she was just 5-6 weeks old. She destroyed my parents' yard, typical working dog style. She had fear aggression issues which we worked hard to overcome. She was perfect. This just can't be real. :(

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get to take her for a last walk, play one more game of fetch or even feed her lots of naughty food. She wouldn't even eat treats last night. It's not fair. Champa is the one with cancer. I have prepared myself to lose him. Maisie has been perfectly well. :(

Oh Kirty. Sometimes something unexpected like this comes along and it is so unfair. There is no time for proper goodbyes. Unfortunately sometimes life just sucks. Maisie looked to you to take the pain away and you did. That is as much as you could do to tell her how much you loved her. Be kind to yourself and get angry if you need to. Eventually you will get back to just remembering all the wonderful stuff about your girl. No more pain for you beautiful Maisie. XXX

Oh you poor lass Kirty :cry:

Your beloved Maisie was one of the GREAT dogs. Remember our trip to Brighton Beach with her and Zig and your Mum's Dally? That's how I remember Maisie - blowing off the advances of the handsome Dally to chase the ball in the waves like a good working dog :heart:

My Dolly went exactly the same way. Stealing a loaf of bread from the kitchen one night and gone the next. It's such a shock. At least it was not drawn out and she had the best life with you and you made the tough call when you needed to. Big hugs to you Kirty. You do so much for others. Please take some time to take care of yourself :kissbetter:

Chase that ball at the bridge Maisie. You will be sorely missed.

Oh Kirty I am devastated for you and the kids. What a heartbreaking time for you all. :cry:

Maisie was a beautiful, crazy, lovable ball of energy and mischief. She will be missed greatly by you all, but she will be remembered with tremendous love and affection.

Rest In Peace gorgeous Maisie. Watch over your family and fill their broken hearts will love and beautiful memories.