Canberra People

Remarkabull

Thanks for that tidbit about the snakes.

I am looking for a lifestyle block and have been looking at areas around Bungendore/Wamboin/Sutton etc..

I might change that and head towards Murrumbateman way.

We do get snakes - browns and red bellies - and people have lost dogs to them. So it's not zero risk, but I think it's lower risk than those Lake George areas.

I have a friend out at Bywong who has a poodle that has been bitten 3 times by a tiger snake - saved every time, thankfully but last time he was a very sick boy..

I don't have a big issue with snakes (the kid has two pets here at the moment and one is a 7 foot diamond python, the other is about 3 feet long and some other sort of snake, can't remember what he is) - but the poisonous ones I can do without. If I can choose a rural place that seems to have less around, I will choose it over another place that seems to have more.

Have a friend travelling to USA soon and looking to rent out her property on northside of Canberra.. Dog friendly and may include some outside runs.. She is taking her show dogs with her..

Think rent is around $500 per week.. ( Yes Canberra is expensive)

Lol, $500 per week is on the cheap end of rentals up here in Darwin!

It looks like I might be bringing my horse with me so if possible we'd like to rent something that has room for him too, otherwise I'll have to find agistment for him. Does anyone have any idea on cost if agistment or even the availability of rentals that are a little bit rural with a few acres?

There are certainly rentals available on acreage & hobby farms in the outlying areas to Canberra. Agistment & pets are usually by negotiation. You would be well advised to contact real estate agents as early as possible, the end of the year sees an influx of families on ADF postings.

I have no idea of the cost of agistment, we take racehorses for spelling, but that is entirely different to the pleasure horse market :)