Dougal's Last Day Today :(

persephone

Today is Dougal's last day - Dougie, about 10 yrs ago, and as an adult , you literally turned up on our doorstep - and slotted in perfectly . You helped raise lots of puppies , (and a piglet ) were a good doorstop , and were the most stoic and bomb-proof cat I have ever known .Even when you lost a section of skin from doing something you shouldn't have - I was able to trim the loose skin around the wound with scissors , and dress it ,while you were scoffing food. . This past week has been so sad, watching you slowly stop enjoying food , and watching your belly fill with fluid , even tho you're not drinking much at all ... rest well , old boy.

10449475_10152256849684007_6311410269034841430_n.jpg

Edited by persephone

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a soft spot for the Ginga Ninjas. I had an old boy called Alby who had the same colouring and personality. Some cats just have the best personalities and Dougal is one of them.

Rest easy Dougal and love life at the Rainbow Bridge as much as you did here.

Such a beautiful collage for a wonderful sounding/looking cat. hug.gif So sorry, Persephone.

:rainbowbridge: Rest easy now, Dougal. I know of a big Dobe that would love to play gently with you.

There will also be a silly lickey-licky Vizsla who adored cats around as well.

Be free Dougal.

I know there are bunnies a plenty at the Rainbow Bridge.

:rainbowbridge:

:cry:

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss Perse. I loved Dougal, so much. Such a handsome, and wonderful companion he seemed to be.

RIP Gorgeous man, chasing rabbits, and teasing dogs over the rainbow bridge.

I am sorry Pers :hug:

It hurts to loose the loved one. You have given him home, love, appreciation and added a few (probably many) wonderful years to his life.

Dear Dougal, rest well.

May the cat-haven offer you a barn full of mice to chase, many dog and cat friends to play with and lots of super-special treats instead of boring meals.

Have fun little one.