Dougal's Last Day Today :(

persephone

We were so lucky to have him . To just turn up here- late at night ,100 km from the nearest civilisation !! WE asked houseboat operators/neighbours/vets - no one had any clues - and from that first hour , he was totally accepting and relaxed . He had been desexed, was always perfect indoors , and was clean & shiny - he had come from somewhere kind ...... such an amazing, tolerant and laid back presence will be missed ...... :cry:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Pers, the ones who choose us are the best kind :D Hugs and hugs to you.

We were so lucky to have him . To just turn up here- late at night ,100 km from the nearest civilisation !! WE asked houseboat operators/neighbours/vets - no one had any clues - and from that first hour , he was totally accepting and relaxed . He had been desexed, was always perfect indoors , and was clean & shiny - he had come from somewhere kind ...... such an amazing, tolerant and laid back presence will be missed ...... :cry:

10492383_853388508023591_2355403226143101716_n.jpg thank you - I so hate the catless feeling :( Every other time there has been a catshaped hole torn in my heart , I have immediately filled it - this time , it may be different - or then again..... there is this moppet available not all that far away ... (have posted in cat chat ) ..but will put this here - sure Dougie won't mind :)

I'm so sorry for your loss - Rest in Peace Dougal. What beautiful memories you've left behind.

I agree too that if you feel this new little one will help, then go for it - What better way to honour Dougal's years with you than to offer another the chance to live a wonderful life as part of your family, as well as help you get through such a sad time.

thank you - I so hate the catless feeling :( Every other time there has been a catshaped hole torn in my heart , I have immediately filled it - this time , it may be different - or then again..... there is this moppet available not all that far away ... (have posted in cat chat ) ..but will put this here - sure Dougie won't mind :)

I am convinced dearest Dougal has orchestrated this.

I doubt any animal lucky enough to be loved by you would ever, or could ever mind.

HUGS, dearest Lady

:heart:

Pers, if it feels right go for it. If you need more time that's completely cool too. I don't think time between special animals necessarily reflects the intensity of loss or the extent of your healing. Sometimes it's just what you need. I've been at both ends of the spectrum :hug:

..with cats - the new ones always have to be immediate - Years ago, in melbourne , My dear Rufus was magicked to be on the same day I lost "Scratch" ( to a half brick thrown by a neighbour) I was distraught , and went straight out to the Cat Protection Society ..lots of pens, lots of cats .. one or two gingers .. none of them triggered any feeling :( By this time I was crying again ...and asked the lady was she sure there wasn't one I'd missed ? Somewhere?

Another lady explained there was one adult who had just come in - castrated yesterday ..has been living under a car ... anyhow - Rufus the Red came straight home with me ..straight into the shower as he smelt and looked disgusting ..and was my special boy thru several house moves ...with other cats , and alone ...for years & years .

My Tabby girl was left with me to have a home found .... well, she was def. a foster failure :p .....

I have a few stories like that ...there was Jerome - given us by a couple who believed very much in the benefits of 'weed' ..and , judging by Jerome's attitude.. smoked it often ;)

there was Monty - 'rescued' amongst tears from a fodder store who had a couple of scrawny pups in a cage - plus a mushroom and white fluffy kitten trying to eat dog food from a bowl ...

I just can not be away from cats for too long :o , & am so looking forward to a new little girl :)