Waste Pick-up Bag For Dogs

ka89

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought one of those dispensers, its shaped like a bone,

and now stuff it with the bags from the dog park..

They're black AND free!

(though technically rate payers are paying as am I, so you could argue that, but still :laugh: )

ETA: only 8 bags are easily stuffed in, but we have 3 dog parks around so easily grab more on the way through.

Edited by denali

People who take handfulls of the bags provided by the Council really piss me off. The bags are provided for the use of everyone who needs one to pick up their dog's crap. They're not provided for just a few people to take the lot. The bags are cheap enough to buy FFS, why not leave some for other dog owners.

Because of greedy people our Council no longer provides bags. All the bags were gone within a couple of hours of the dispenser being filled.

Thanks very much to the people who took the lot.

People who take handfulls of the bags provided by the Council really piss me off. The bags are provided for the use of everyone who needs one to pick up their dog's crap. They're not provided for just a few people to take the lot. The bags are cheap enough to buy FFS, why not leave some for other dog owners.

Because of greedy people our Council no longer provides bags. All the bags were gone within a couple of hours of the dispenser being filled.

Are you sure that's the real reason? Our park always has heaps, and people often take a handful. I'd imagine they pay barely anything for those rolls at parks, I'd be willing to bet that wasn't the real/only reason.

Yep I agree - spoils it for everyone else. The bags are there for use at the dog park not to supply people for the week.

I find most of the doggy bags are too thin - I tend to use leftover supermarket plastic bags if I have any or nappy bags.

Are you sure that's the real reason? Our park always has heaps, and people often take a handful. I'd imagine they pay barely anything for those rolls at parks, I'd be willing to bet that wasn't the real/only reason.

Me too- i think your council may have had other reasons. Being one of those 'greedy people that take a handful'

But the rolls we have out in our council last forever, and there is two or three at each park. And we have never not had a day without bags at any of the local parks.

So I will keep doing what i am doing, others there will too.

After the initial taking of 8, you really only take one each time to stock back up to full, so i don't think its that bad considering if my dogs were IN the park for the hour or so i walk, they would certainly use a few of the bags between the 3 of them. I leave plenty for other dog owners, and so do the other people at the park, so i am guessing those in your area who literally take the whole roll (is that what you are saying?) are rather inconsiderate.

I know that's the reason. I called the Council to ask about a roaming dog. While I had them on the phone I asked if they were no longer providing bags and was told people were calling every day, even just a few hours after Council had replaced the bags to complain that the dispenser was always empty.

I've seen greedy people stuffing supermarket bags with Council provided dog bags. I did say to one woman "You must have a lot of dogs if you need all those bags". She replied "No, only two, I'm just stocking up". I then asked would she mind leaving one bag for me to carry while I walked my dog. Apparently she missed the point.

How much the Council pays for the bags is not the issue. The Council has to pay staff to drive around replacing these bags in various locations. It's a bit single minded to think it's only about what they pay for the bags.

It's a poor comparison but it's like those who engage in looting after a disaster of some kind. The mindset seems to be 'well it's free so why not take as much as you can'?

I take around 6 of the council provided poo bags at a time. The reason being that I don't have to go to the dispenser each time I come to the park. It's more a matter of convenience than one of greed. At home, I use the supermarket ones they have in the produce section.

I know that's the reason. I called the Council to ask about a roaming dog. While I had them on the phone I asked if they were no longer providing bags and was told people were calling every day, even just a few hours after Council had replaced the bags to complain that the dispenser was always empty.

I've seen greedy people stuffing supermarket bags with Council provided dog bags. I did say to one woman "You must have a lot of dogs if you need all those bags". She replied "No, only two, I'm just stocking up". I then asked would she mind leaving one bag for me to carry while I walked my dog. Apparently she missed the point.

How much the Council pays for the bags is not the issue. The Council has to pay staff to drive around replacing these bags in various locations. It's a bit single minded to think it's only about what they pay for the bags.

It's a poor comparison but it's like those who engage in looting after a disaster of some kind. The mindset seems to be 'well it's free so why not take as much as you can'?

Far out I can't beleive people take all the poo bags at the park! I don't use dog parks but have seen people complain online about no poo bags and just thought it was typical lazy Gosford Council not re stocking them. Seriously, they're 2 bucks for 200 at the Reject Shop, go buy some.

we usually just get the pet poo bags in the dispenser roll from the reject shop or shiploads or chickenfeed before they closed.. or if I forget the dispenser I usually grab about 4 bags off the council rolls at the local dog friendly beach but I usually use about 2 while I'm there & the other 2 are for those random poos inconsiderate people leave in the sand for people to walk on.. really pisses me off, when there is several of those council rolls stationed all over the place there that people don't get a bag before they walk & pick up their own dogs poo..

if however I'm cleaning poo up at home then I use whatever is handy..

the council provided roll at the domain where our dog club is tends to run out pretty quickly but its used by a lot of people.. but to tell the truth we're very grateful that a roll is provided there :)

Exactly HazyWal :thumbsup: I've never used the Council bags because I always have one pocket stuffed with those Reject shop bags in just about everything I wear. I never leave the house with the dogs without first checking that I have at least four bags in my pocket.

Yep I use the bags supplied at the park at the park - but I find they are too thin and small for the mega-pooing activities of three westies and subsequent poo patrol at home anyway so I only use them at the park.

I pick up the Pet Barn ones with the bones or paws on them when they are on special - nice solid bags with good size openings for multiple poo pick-ups!

Amazing how expert one becomes on these topics with three dogs! laugh.gif

Edited by westiemum

I must admit I prefer to leave the dog park poo bags for people who may not be as organised as me. I don't want people having any excuse not to pick up their dog's poo. Plus I'd never want to rely on their beings bags in the dispenser so always bring my own. I like things to match and the wonderful MTD made these for me. I had a couple of iron on thingies so stuck them on myself. And I can't believe how much more ragged Stussy's bag is compared to the other two but that just goes to show you that she is more likely to be the one to run off before I can disconnect her leash, be running in bushes, rolling in something or dragging it through water. Her bag is constantly in the wash and has had several repairs while the others have had none.

post-33739-0-81256600-1406513858_thumb.jpg

I always grab a couple of extras if I've been in the park and used my ones - just in case they are needed on the way home. I hate the clutter of the poo bag carriers on the lead and don't wear many clothes with pockets so only have a couple tied to the lead at a time.

I have taken the dogs to a dog park near Walter Av, East Brisbane and they have dog poo dispensers that I can't get the bag out of, they dispenser has a little grab-hole and the bags are packed so tightly that I can't pull one out. The park has heaps of dog poop in it so I reckon no-one else can get the bags out either

The dispenser looks a bit like this one

post-26505-0-44038900-1406580824_thumb.png

I use the nappy bags from woollies at home when you can use a shovel for pick up but when going in for the old bag over hand grab on walks I use the DOOG bags, they are nice and thick. I am looking at getting some more eco friendly bags.