Dog Attacks While Being Trained By Cesar Milan

sandgrubber

I think we're very suggestible to the narrative, particularly when we're only shown edited footage.

Exactly..

I don't particularly like the way he does things but he obviously is reasonably successful at what he does and has great promotion.

I would never try to do what he does if confronted by a dog that wasn't happy to see me..

I am also surprised we don't hear more about people trying his techniques and getting hurt.

It's not hard through aversives for a weak dog reacting out of insecurity to fear the handler and avoid correction and seemingly appear fixed. When dealing with harder dogs reacting from social aggression, Cesar often gets bitten.....there are a few videos I have seen cut short as the dog comes back at him......the next shot of the dog is laying on the ground and Cesar stroking it.....possibly coming out of a choke out more than likely. There was one with a Wolf X GSD where the camera stopped filming just as he began to hang the dog up.....what they do is hang the dog up until it passes out from lack of air.....something they wouldn't show on camera......it was on old school fix for handler aggression in the Koehler/Most/Monks of New Skete training era which incorporated alpha rolls and the like.

I am also surprised we don't hear more about people trying his techniques and getting hurt.

I get them with some regularity. Less so, now. It's usually the dog who suffers.

I don't see them but then I am not looking for them either and I rarely watch the show.

I used to watch it and I used to like it :o

I do know better now :)

I think we're very suggestible to the narrative, particularly when we're only shown edited footage.

Exactly..

I don't particularly like the way he does things but he obviously is reasonably successful at what he does and has great promotion.

I would never try to do what he does if confronted by a dog that wasn't happy to see me..

It's not hard through aversives for a weak dog reacting out of insecurity to fear the handler and avoid correction and seemingly appear fixed. When dealing with harder dogs reacting from social aggression, Cesar often gets bitten.....there are a few videos I have seen cut short as the dog comes back at him......the next shot of the dog is laying on the ground and Cesar stroking it.....possibly coming out of a choke out more than likely. There was one with a Wolf X GSD where the camera stopped filming just as he began to hang the dog up.....what they do is hang the dog up until it passes out from lack of air.....something they wouldn't show on camera......it was on old school fix for handler aggression in the Koehler/Most/Monks of New Skete training era which incorporated alpha rolls and the like.

I rarely watch the show - I could probably count on one hand the amount of his shows I have seen in the last couple of years.

I did watch it when it first started and back then, I thought he was OK and doing 'good' by helping people and their dogs.

He definitely helps some people and their dogs.

It isn't the way I would like to see my dog 'fixed' if he had issues like some that CM deals with though.

I guess being bitten comes with the territory, you are going to work with dogs, there is a chance of being bitten at some point - my vet has told me how many times he has been bitten.

I get them with some regularity. Less so, now. It's usually the dog who suffers.

I don't see them but then I am not looking for them either and I rarely watch the show.

I used to watch it and I used to like it :o

I do know better now :)

Exactly..

I rarely watch the show - I could probably count on one hand the amount of his shows I have seen in the last couple of years.

I did watch it when it first started and back then, I thought he was OK and doing 'good' by helping people and their dogs.

He definitely helps some people and their dogs.

It isn't the way I would like to see my dog 'fixed' if he had issues like some that CM deals with though.

I guess being bitten comes with the territory, you are going to work with dogs, there is a chance of being bitten at some point - my vet has told me how many times he has been bitten.

I am not a believer of dog whisperers and calm energy BS and watching some of his shows you can see exactly what he is doing to gain the desired behaviour, but it's cleverly done on camera to appear something that it's not. I laugh when out of the goodness of his heart uses "his" leash which is a slip leash......that is he can't apply an air block discretely with fixed collar and standard leash that the owner had on the dog :laugh: