Voyce Collar

Scottsmum

I came across this today and I really really want one!

While the Voyce collar can’t actually make your dog talk, it is a huge leap forward in the ever growing market of wearable tech for dogs and so far, the closest thing we have to speaking their language. The Voyce collar’s technology and interface tracks and trends over time not only activity level and calories burned but heart rate and respiratory rate.

As someone vastly invested in the concept of providing better care for senior pets, one of the messages I keep trying to get across to pet owners is this: ‘he’s getting old and tired’ is only the tip of the iceberg. If your tired old man has a resting heart rate through the roof and pants 24/7, guess what- he may be in pain. This data, which up to now were only accessible by a person with a stethoscope, can be collected at home over time and accessible to both the owners and the vet.

To add value to the experience, Voyce teamed with education resource provider LifeLearn to ensure owners have access to a wide variety of educational resources to help understand the data and make all of us better pet owners through improved knowledge. The dashboard features not only your individual pet’s collected data but advice and articles from a large panel of animal experts.

There’s a reason it won the PC World/Tech Hive and Yahoo! Tech “Best of CES 2014″ at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show. It’s nice to see the tech world finally going to the dogs.

The Voyce collar will be launching before the holidays- interested owners can sign up on the Voyce website to be notified when it is available for sale online. In the meantime you can join the ever growing community on Facebook of techie dogs waiting for their chance to have a Voyce.

voyce_dashboard_ss-1024x846.png

Edited by Scottsmum

Interesting! It seems to just take resting heart rate/resp rate though, as an average over a day or week? I'd like one that does HR fairly accurately during exercise, like the Polar® RS800CX, but without having to do the whole electrode thing lol. Does anyone know of one?

I don't know of one, but with my low level human polar it lets me know peak HR. I imagine that once this hits the market place, others will follow and it will be flooded. Maybe one will come up then.

I would also like to see a watch I can wear so I can watch the figures easily while we walk/play.