Dogs On Holidays

flame ryder

Just an update...

So glad we took the dogs, they were so well behaved and loved every minute being with us. Yeah so we missed out on a few national parks, but there was so much else to see. Very happy we made the decision to take them as it wouldn't have been the same without them. And a plus is you also get to meet other dog lovers and others who camp and travel with their dogs and pick up a few tips along the way.

Here are a few pics

20141003_215427.jpg

20141011_084617.jpg

20141009_091845.jpg

If anyone wants to travel in QLD with dogs. Maleny is a great place to visit. Lots of wonderful restaurants and dog friendly accommodation. PM me for details if interested.

Maleny is such a lovely place, I very nearly lived there... :offtopic: went there back in 2001, completely fell in love with the place and began looking at real estate, I was pleasantly surprised at the low prices and made the decision to relocate there the following year. Went back the following year and prices had more than doubled in price, no doubt they have risen way out of my reach now. Lesson learnt...do not hesitate!

Anyway back on topic....Malakita, it was a very cheap holiday, even cheaper cause we stayed at free camping spots most of the time.

Just an update...

So glad we took the dogs, they were so well behaved and loved every minute being with us. Yeah so we missed out on a few national parks, but there was so much else to see. Very happy we made the decision to take them as it wouldn't have been the same without them. And a plus is you also get to meet other dog lovers and others who camp and travel with their dogs and pick up a few tips along the way.

Here are a few pics

20141011_084617.jpg

Such a delightful photo!

Thrilled ya'll had a great time.

How laid back are your dogs too?

:thumbsup:

Yay, glad it worked out for you! I've just got back from a not-quite three week road trip with my two, from North Queensland to the ADAA GP in Tamworth. I nearly didn't take my young dog (who isn't competing, he's only ten months) but in the end I was glad I did, it was a good experience for him and he behaved himself... most of the time :p . We had a great time, but for me the whole point of the trip was hanging out with my dogs and doing stuff that they think is awesome which isn't everyone's idea of a fun holiday :).

For anyone considering a trip, if you have a smart phone I'd like to recommend the WikiCamps Australia app (on Android, iOS and Windows 8.1), costs about $4. It has locations and info of pretty much every camping spot in Australia, including whether dogs are allowed. The reviews are really helpful too, often you can find ones from within a week or so which gives you a bit of an idea of current conditions before you get there. I found it really handy, since I didn't particularly plan my trip and haven't road tripped in that direction before. Link: http://www.wikicamps.com.au/