Dog Passes Out From Excitement

Boronia

I had a barking Tibbie here... while that was playing! Lily next door is staying over & she got very annoyed with the dog's noise. She barked as if to say, 'Get a grip!'

I had a Tibbie who used to get over-excited and literally scream whenever I came home. I had to train her out of it.... & not pat and reassure her until she was calm. It worked.

I saw this on the project the other night, not sure where they got their information but apparently the dog was taken to the vet and is fine.

And the owner hadn't seen the dog in 2 years! I'm sure she was just as excited and not about the ignore the dog because it wasn't behaving properly.

Edit: here's the original youtube link confirming the vet visit

Edited by Leah82

I saw this on the project the other night, not sure where they got their information but apparently the dog was taken to the vet and is fine.

And the owner hadn't seen the dog in 2 years! I'm sure she was just as excited and not about the ignore the dog because it wasn't behaving properly.

Thanks for giving the context, Leah. That puts a different slant on the episode. It wasn't necessarily habitual behaviour by the dog, but a response to an unusual event.... hadn't seen the owner for 2 years.

Sure shows that what preceded a particular behaviour is important to know ... in order to understand it.

Edited by mita

I don't buy the vet story.

Maybe the vet decided to 'wait and see' but that's different from the dog being OK. Which it seriously isn't. It staggered, fainted, twitched, stopped vocalising and became disoriented. :(

Maybe the vet decided to 'wait and see' but that's different from the dog being OK. Which it seriously isn't. It staggered, fainted, twitched, stopped vocalising and became disoriented. :(

I don't see any reason to not buy the vet story. What's the point of judging someone when you have no way of knowing the full story anyway.

I don't see any reason to not buy the vet story. What's the point of judging someone when you have no way of knowing the full story anyway.

I just have a different opinion to you. And have seen that kind of syncope before in elderly dogs so no, it's not normal and I'm not comfortable watching it .... even if it is a sweet story and even if we're told the dog saw a vet.

Edited by Powerlegs

He appeared to be a much loved pet to me.

The guy cuddled him, the younger woman cuddled him. He was well fed and groomed to boot. I can't see any indication that the owners wouldn't do what is in the best interests of the dog. :confused: