Tell Me About Your Naughty Dogs

DobieMum

IMAG4343_zps1thnm0xw.jpg

This is my iPad as of last week. Ivy is 14 months and just reminded me that she's still a bit of a chewing puppy

When my kelpie was young I put her in the car after training and went back to grab something. When I got back to the car (literally about 2 minutes) I discovered that she had found a 1 litre long life milk that must have fallen out of the shopping bag and shredded it on the back seat ofmy car. I considered just selling the car after that :laugh: it was horrific

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an occasional destroyer - Crumpet likes to lull me into a false sense of security and then surprise me with a couple of days of complete destruction. I don't think I can even remember all the things she's wrecked since I've had her. She used to do the normal chewing of stuff that I left laying around ( my fault ) when she was little but she's never given up entirely. When I bought a new lounge suite about 3 years ago I'd only had it for 2 days and she chewed the corner of the three seater open and then pulled the torn piece of material all the way along the bottom of the seat. I've gotten out of the shower/bath to countless de-stuffed dog beds/cushions/pillows and floor mats and once she ripped open an outside bean bag lounge. In my old house I had lattice around half of my pergola area and she decided to eat a space big enough probably so that she could walk under it and she didn't have to go around the long way. I think the most worrying thing she chewed was through the bottom corner of my tuckerbox freezer - no broken teeth but lots of cuts and bleeding. She can't have a soccer or football for more than five minutes before she punctures it and rips it up, same goes for any type of rubber toy or stuffed animal. She also tore apart the whole bottom shelf of books from my bookcase. I can never pinpoint exactly what she'll go for next or when and it's not for lack of her own toys, it's always random. She only does it when I'm at home and doing something where I can't see her like mowing the lawn or in the shower or even just hanging out the washing and sometimes it's months between episodes. Since she got stung by a bee she stays inside the house while I'm at work ( I come home at lunchtime to let her out ) and I never come home to any mess on those days. I don't think she's ever going to stop. At least the other 2 don't join in.

We had a work car that had milk spilled under the front seat. We had it detailed several times but couldn't get the curdled milk smell out. It became known as the vomit car and no-one would use it. As it was a lease vehicle that meant we were stuck with it even longer than normal so I understand your desire to sell yours KDF!

Thankyou Guys

You make me feel so much better. My pretty girl is no worse than my other dogs, it's just been 3 years since I've had a pup, and you sort of forget...

At the moment, I have holes being dug to China and both dogs sleep on their beds in our bedroom. If I'm not in there, with them, I come back to all sorts of stuff chewed, the last thing was Hubby 's work boots and luckily he took it with good grace, cause I was half expecting the "outside" with that one. ;) luckily he loves her too...

Loved reading the stories :)

We had a staffy x and a a heeler x as our first dogs and they lived outside while we were out - came home one day to discover the yard absolutely white with shredded toilet paper - whole new pack of 9 rolls that were in the laundry - gone. We bought them a clam shell to lie in to keep cool and they methodically shredded the plastic - found some very interesting poos in the yard threaded with blue plastic. We had an apricot tree and we saw none of the fruit that year because they used to wait for it to fall and race each other across the yard to eat it. The heeler x had an absolute fetish for dirty undies or jeans and ate the crotch out of several pairs of mine. Staffy x spent night in hospital after seeking and destroying a family block of macadamia chocolate which was in my schoolbag.

Current 2 - kelpie and bloodhound - the kelpie is a methodical and finicky destroyer of toys - she will nibble very carefully until she has a hole and the rip it until she can disembowel the whole thing. The bloodhound - well - he doesn't bother nibbling - he just swallows things - he has eaten several river stones - some he managed to pass - others were surgically removed - we have interesting chew marks on the skirting boards from the time he used to sleep in our room on his dog bed - both dogs are now crated at night and the only thing he can destroy is his nylabone. Kelpie is on her third purse - I have learnt not to leave them in her reach. One of my jackets has no pocket because I hung it on the coat rack with dog treats still in the pocket.

:laugh: ViszlaMomma!

I can empathise.

Mosley is a good boy these days at almost 6 but as a pup.....

He ate the carpet in a rental property. Lili, my Aussie, ate the phone lines/cords in that same house. He ate two remote controls, one laptop, one mobile phone, one coffee table and one queen mattress.

Lili ate a foam chair and numerous books.

has anyone got a link to tales of Stan the Greyhound?

My dog has learned to tell fibs.

She does a play bow and invites play when she's on lead in the hopes that I will let her off lead, but if I do - she goes foraging for food in the playground and completely ignores the dog that thought it was going to get a fun doggy game of chasey.

Other thing she does when she wants attention is bring an ugg boot or shoe and poke me with it. If I'm too absorbed in the computer... she takes that as permission to shred the item...

I can't blame anyone but me for that. And I've yet to get her to understand that I need two shoes to take her for a walk. Not just one (slightly shredded) ugg boot.

We had a work car that had milk spilled under the front seat. We had it detailed several times but couldn't get the curdled milk smell out. It became known as the vomit car and no-one would use it. As it was a lease vehicle that meant we were stuck with it even longer than normal so I understand your desire to sell yours KDF!

It was the worst smell. Vomit car is the perfect name!

My dog has learned to tell fibs.

She does a play bow and invites play when she's on lead in the hopes that I will let her off lead, but if I do - she goes foraging for food in the playground and completely ignores the dog that thought it was going to get a fun doggy game of chasey.

My whippet would do that. He'd act like he wanted to meet other dogs at training and after getting permission we'd let them say hello. He would then ignore the dog and sit in front of the person's treat pouch waiting for them to give him a treat. The really embarrassing part was that if they didn't immediately understand what he wanted he'd nudge the pouch with his pointy whippet nose til they got it :o :o He trained a few friends to feed him by doing that (I don't think they even realised they were being trained by the dog :laugh: )

what kdf Gabby doesnt even bother with the sitting in front for the tidbits she just helps herself by jumping on someone and nose is straight into the pocket and before you can even get her out of the pocket the food is gone. She only ever does it to people with food in pockets lol :o Gabby has also disturbed a couple smooching at the park she decided she should have the smooching oops lol. As a youngster she has also jumped into some guys car and gave him a few kisses and jumped back out and continued her running. At least we dont do that anymore lol

Anne just reminded me of another classic Stussy moment. As she hit sexual maturity she was challenging our other female sbt. A behaviourist said she needed to be punished for her poor behaviour by separating her from the rest of the pack until she learned to behave. Instead of letting her sleep inside with everyone else one night, at about six months of age she was made to sleep outside. She had a very comfy spot to sleep in and it was a nice spring night. She cried and carried on but eventually all was quiet and those of us inside went to sleep. Some time during the night there she was, on the bed. In my daze I thought maybe she'd been making so much noise one of my neighbours had come and let her in. Nope. She'd gone under the house and chewed her way through metal fly screen mesh and a metal ventilation grill that lead under the stairs in our lounge room and crawled back in. The whole thing is still damaged some six years later because you'd have to crawl under the house and fix it lying on your belly or dismantle the stairs in the lounge room and do it that way. We sometimes see geckos and mice using it as their own personal vermin entrance!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: that is the best!

Hank was extremely well behaved , except once. I had baked a cake, iced it beautifully and summoned the family to tea. Each had a slice and happenstance each family member was called from the room for a minute. Upon return each thought the other had safely stowed the three quarters of a chocolate cake somewhere safe. After much searching and questioning it became apparent that Hank was adopting a slightly guilty slink. Mr Bestdogintheworld had counter surfed the cake. We were so shocked he never even got reprimanded.

Scout the Brittany was a very naughty pup and a shock after 3 border collie girl pups. The naughtiest thing I think she did? She had an 8 week puppy preschool class so must have been around 16 weeks old. The last day was graduation where she passed the little test like an angel and got a lovely laminated certificate with a ribbon down the side and some nice photos of her on it. Afterwards she played with the other pups for about an hour. It was Mothers Day so we were going for lunch straight after. She said hi to everyone in the parking lot at the restaurant and Simon put her on the front seat of the van where she curled up into a little ball on the sheepskin cover. I went to pick her up to put her back in her crate and Simon said "oh leave her there, she's very tired and we won't be long". I clearly remember asking if he was sure (or out of his mind). An hour later we went back and I firstly looked in the passenger window and there was our sweet adorable puppy still curled up, and when she saw me she did a big stretch and yawn. Awwwww, what a good girl. I opened the back to give Mum her present only to find it had already been opened, investigated and chewed. Scout's lovely graduation certificate was chewed into confetti throughout the van. My husband was still saying "oh its okay" unless he noticed she had also chewed the handbrake lever. And the bottom of the steering wheel :)

I have a beagle. Enough said, lol.

Actually she's 6 now and is pretty good but damn when she was younger she drove me batty!!!! She is the world's greatest theif, can open the freezer and get through any child lock on cupboards. She once jumped the kitchen bench and ate an entire fruit cake. The only things she won't eat are lettuce and tin foil everything else is on the menu.

She calmed down when my son was about one year old and has played the role of protector ever since. The two are inseperable and she has guarded him from an aggressive dog more than once.

All the stories are simply hilarious! Very entertaining to read :)

Herbert is so cute!

Herbert has the spirit of our darling ZsaZsa in him. She is at The rainbow Bridge now.

Apart from being universally known as Velcro dogs, Vizslas appear to be practically professional counter surfers.

I have two wonderful memories of ZsaZsa in this regard.

The minor one happened thus.

We ( the slaves) were sitting in the lounge room, chilling out. Her Papa said that gal is very quiet.

Momma( me) says 'that's dangerous then. 30 seconds later Madam ZsaZsa walks into the room with an empty plastic tray in her mouth.

Being a Daddy's gal, she did the wiggle-bum walk over to him with a happily flashing docked tail.

Dropped the empty tray at his feet. Then stood back. Papa understood at once. ZsaZsa wanted to make sure that cheese got added to the shopping list.

She had just eaten 500 grams of a new packet.

:eek:

Of course, all dogs have those stories that out-do anything they have ever done before AND are ever likely to do again.

I give you a family gathering for the December holidays. I have baked, and baked, and baked.

I put ALL the dishes out on the bench. I made sure they were far enough back from the edge.

We proceeded to enjoy the company of our visitors. ZsaZsa was in full adore me mode. :)

Came time to serve afternoon tea. I went into the kitchen. Walked over to the plates of food.

Intact! Not a crumb out of place. How I smiled at my gal. 'Good ZsaZsa' I even said.

Then, yes then, I looked again....

Out of 4 plates, she had already eaten the SECOND row of the food. First row was intact. 2nd row gone.

As I turned around and looked at her, SHE worked it out I knew she had sinned. She raced out the door and down stairs.

Stayed out of range of me for the next hour. She sat watching me & I swear she smiled until she reasoned I was not going to tell her off.

Dearest ZsaZsa

:heart:

Edited by VizslaMomma

Not long after OH and I had moved in together we went out one night and left Collie inside.

We came home a few hours later and as usual expected to be accosted at the door by Collie as we walked in but this time he wasn't there. We hadn't gotten to the light switch yet and started to get a bit worried calling Collie's name. OH walked around the dining room table to turn the light on, when he did we found a very guilty looking cocker spaniel lying on OH's jumper in the middle of the table.

Funniest past was he couldn't get off the table by himself :p

He managed to do it a couple of more times before we remembered to make sure the dining chairs were pushed in properly before we went out

So turns out we have a bit of a counter surfer as well, although he couldn't care less about food, he just wants a smelly man jumper to curl up on

Daisy was so naughty. She didn't get the nick name Evil Beagle for nothing! When she was a pup she would steal food off our plates as we were eating. She wasn't affectionate and wouldn't have cuddles or sit with us. She growled and bit me when I tried to move her off the lounge when she was about 5 months old.

When I took her to obedience club, as a 5/6 month old puppy, she wasn't only the worst behaved dog in the class, but on the field, of oh about 80 dogs? She wouldn't take treats, lunged on the leash, barked at all the other dogs, completely ignored me etc. The instructor to me to pick her up and put her in heel position and she growled and snapped at me. They freaked out and didn't know what to do or why my little beagle puppy was so horrible and untrainable :laugh:

One time we were at a DOL meet and a DOLer bought a box of Krispy Kreme donuts. There were other things sitting on top of the box of donuts (which was closed). Daisy walked up, stuck her nose under the lid of the box and stole a mouthful of donuts. As I took it off her and turned to put it in the bin, she did it again. In front of everyone (for those who missed it the first time).

I really don't have any naughty stories for Wiz, I know better now how to manage young dogs/pups so they don't get the chance to do anything naughty! The naughtiest thing she would do, when living at my old house, was pull frogs out of my pond and then bring them over to me to give to me. While it was still alive and kicking as she held it in her mouth. No thank you :vomit: She also likes carrying heavy things and when I found a house brick in the middle of my lawn I panicked thinking that the naughty kids next door had chucked it over the fence, as there is no way she could carry something so heavy. Sure enough not long after I look out the window and see her lugging around a huge house brick in her mouth :eek: