Starting Over Dog Rescue

Hi all

A friend is about to apply to adopt a dog through Starting Over Dog Rescue in Victoria and I wondered if anyone here is from that rescue or knows anything about them?

Last time a friend/relative tried to adopt from a rescue (from a different rescue)they had a bad experience so I was hoping to get some info on this rescue beforehand.

She is concerned that she will be rejected due to working full time, though it would be a wonderful home for any dog to go to.

Any information you could provide greatly appreciated :)

Hi all

A friend is about to apply to adopt a dog through Starting Over Dog Rescue in Victoria and I wondered if anyone here is from that rescue or knows anything about them?

Last time a friend/relative tried to adopt from a rescue (from a different rescue)they had a bad experience so I was hoping to get some info on this rescue beforehand.

She is concerned that she will be rejected due to working full time, though it would be a wonderful home for any dog to go to.

Any information you could provide greatly appreciated :)

If they are a good rescue then they will be doing their utmost to ensure that any dog is a good match to the potential owner.

Just because someone was rejected for working full time, it shouldn't reflect badly on the rescue - on the contrary. It means that they are not the kind of rescue to hand out their dogs to the first people that apply.

If your friend works full time and is applying for a young dog then it is quite possible that this won't work. Also, some dogs definitely need other dogs for company and don't cope with being alone for any period of time.

I've just been emailed about someone who wants to be rid of their 8 yr old Maltese because it barks when they are out .... not always an age thing, sometimes just a situational thing.

I deal with Starting Over Dog Rescue quite a bit (they rescue dogs from Mildura Pound) and have found them to be a reputable and ethical rescue. If you are after any info feel free to send me a pm.

Which dog is your friend interested in?

I also deal with SODR and have found them to be excellent :) Have no idea in regards to adoptions though but if they commit to putting their name on a poundie they will take the dog regardless of healthy and happy to pay for vet treatment even before its left pound.

I would imagine re adoptions they will do whats best for the dog.