Support Needed For Petition Re Colour Of Italian Greyhounds In Vic

Kirislin

I've been asked to submit this on behalf of Lorna Fair IG breeder. Signatures are welcome from interstate members as well.

Dear DogsVic Members,

We would like to ask for your support in this matter regarding VicDogs upholding the ANKC ruling of October 2010. If you would like to read the accompanying documentation from 2010 to familiarise yourself with the history behind this issue it has been attached.

When we have collated the signatories we will be sending them through to DogsVic. This process needs to be completed by 31 August 2014 in order for our submission to be made and this matter to be brought up at the next meeting.

Please PM your details to Kirislin if you wish to add your support.

your full name

Membership Number of the controlling Canine authority in your State

Edited by Kirislin

That's an interesting read for me who knows little about the breed, thank you.

Can I just point out that on page two of the document there is a typo where is says 'black & tax" .

That's an interesting read for me who knows little about the breed, thank you.

Can I just point out that on page two of the document there is a typo where is says 'black & tax" .

:laugh: thanks for that. I wont change it but I hope everyone understands it's supposed to be black and tan. Disclaimer, I didn't type it. :D

The petition says its to be tabled at the 2010 ANKC Conference. That can't be correct can it? confused.gif

It is correct, as I understand it, the VCA is disregarding it, so breeders want to petition them to abide by the decision made back in 2010 by the ANKC

Yes I found it to be as well, but the main thing is that IG breeders want the VCA to adhere to or abide by the decision reached by the ANKC in 2010. If you want clarification I can give you Lornas email address, she's in a better position to explain it than I am.

Yes I found it to be as well, but the main thing is that IG breeders want the VCA to adhere to or abide by the decision reached by the ANKC in 2010. If you want clarification I can give you Lornas email address, she's in a better position to explain it than I am.

Best way would be to establish a breed club.

Which would circumvent the need for petition.

Dogs Vic would then go to ANKC Conference representing its Affiliated Breed Club.

The petition says its to be tabled at the 2010 ANKC Conference. That can't be correct can it? confused.gif

It is correct, as I understand it, the VCA is disregarding it, so breeders want to petition them to abide by the decision made back in 2010 by the ANKC

Really? ANKC decisions are binding on all CC's. Adherence isn't optional. I'd be bringing to the attention of the ANKC Breed Standards Committee.

Given that the ANKC pedigree register is now administrated by Dogs NSW, I can't see what Dogs Vic do or don't do affecting the colours of pups as they are registered. confused.gif Non standard colours might make the Limit register but they can't be upgraded.

Really? ANKC decisions are binding on all CC's. Adherence isn't optional. I'd be bringing to the attention of the ANKC Breed Standards Committee.

Given that the ANKC pedigree register is now administrated by Dogs NSW, I can't see what Dogs Vic do or don't do affecting the colours of pups as they are registered. confused.gif Non standard colours might make the Limit register but they can't be upgraded.

I agree and also petitions will never make any difference to things like this - if the CCs were open to everyone who wanted one thing or another getting their way via petitions or by demands the whole system is shot.

I found it a very confusing document.

Me too from what I can gather they are only asking for a drop down box during the rego process - not for them to accept other or different colours - is that right?

<granted I found the document unlcear> wrt reigstering and Dogs Vic doing or not doing, Dogs Vic can simply refuse to register or not follow what Dogs NSW have done wrt registering.

"We're Dogs Victoria not Dogs NSW, what Dogs NSW register is a matter for Dogs NSW, not Dogs Victoria"

<granted I found the document unlcear> wrt reigstering and Dogs Vic doing or not doing, Dogs Vic can simply refuse to register or not follow what Dogs NSW have done wrt registering.

"We're Dogs Victoria not Dogs NSW, what Dogs NSW register is a matter for Dogs NSW, not Dogs Victoria"

There is only ONE register Lilli - the ANKC Register. All states can process entries but the register is a National one. The rules for registration are also National. Dogs VIC doesn't get to opt out of National rules.

If a drop down box is what is wanted, it will be Dogs NSW, as the Register admin, that adds it.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

You cant have one state making up its own rules - its all under one banner - the ANKC - you may find some differences in requirements for the codes and policies re membership etc but never the registry.

Edited by Steve

There is only ONE register Lilli - the ANKC Register. All states can process entries but the register is a National one. The rules for registration are also National. Dogs VIC doesn't get to opt out of National rules.

If a drop down box is what is wanted, it will be Dogs NSW, as the Register admin, that adds it.

ONE Register

but not ONE interpretation of the Registration Rules.

You cant have one state making up its own rules - its all under one banner - the ANKC - you may find some differences in requirements for the codes and policies re membership etc but never the registry.

:)

No steve, alas

You would think so but the VCA are not following it. Now in Vic this puppy must be registered as black and white......or fawn and white!!!! and as you can see neither describes it.

14194552276_901f575ebe_z.jpg5F6A2494dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

Edited by Kirislin