Support Needed For Petition Re Colour Of Italian Greyhounds In Vic

Kirislin

Looks to me that the variation in rego requirements needs to be taken to the ANKC rather than Vicdogs -

but it is only about a drop down list is that right?

that's how I understand it too.

I asked about actually changing the standard to either be more specific about colours or else to say any colour or combintaion of colours except brindle and black/blue and tan, but apparently that isn't possible either. I was thinking about the whippet standard. It says any colour so in theory you could have black and tan whippets. I'm not sure what would happen if someone tried to register one though.

Looks to me that the variation in rego requirements needs to be taken to the ANKC rather than Vicdogs - but it is only about a drop down list is that right?

It is my understanding that the ANKC cannot be approached directly on matters and that all submissions, requests or whatever must come through the states controlling bodies

Looks to me that the variation in rego requirements needs to be taken to the ANKC rather than Vicdogs - but it is only about a drop down list is that right?

It is my understanding that the ANKC cannot be approached directly on matters and that all submissions, requests or whatever must come through the states controlling bodies

but they did petition the ANKC in 2010 and it was accepted but Dogs Vic have recently changed what they will accept and as I've shown with the photo above it doesn't allow for the many variations of colour. There is no breed club in Vic, I think the only one in Australia is the recently formed WA club. Without breed clubs it is so much more difficult, that is why Lorna has asked for any interested people to support this petition

Edited by Kirislin

Looks to me that the variation in rego requirements needs to be taken to the ANKC rather than Vicdogs -

I asked about actually changing the standard to either be more specific about colours or else to say any colour or combintaion of colours except brindle and black/blue and tan, but apparently that isn't possible either. I was thinking about the whippet standard. It says any colour so in theory you could have black and tan whippets. I'm not sure what would happen if someone tried to register one though.

People can register anything they want as long as they call it what it is supposed to be called. Years ago White boxers were not able to be registered so they were registered as red and white and not taken out . I thought Dogs NSW was now responsible for the registrations for Victoria - makes no sense that they are different.

I'm told there have been instances here in Vic of a dog imported from OS having its colour changed on the papers here because Dogs Vic dont have provision for the colour.

we would be most grateful for your support.

Edited by Kirislin

People can register anything they want as long as they call it what it is supposed to be called. Years ago White boxers were not able to be registered so they were registered as red and white and not taken out . I thought Dogs NSW was now responsible for the registrations for Victoria - makes no sense that they are different.

If the boxer people want to register their dogs incorrectly that's up to them, but the Iggy breeders responsible for this petition want to register their dogs accurately for future generations. If you would like to add your support it would be appreciated.

If the boxer people want to register their dogs incorrectly that's up to them, but the Iggy breeders responsible for this petition want to register their dogs accurately for future generations. If you would like to add your support it would be appreciated.

Yeah I get it smile.gif