Parents State Dogs Responsible For Critical Injuries To Toddler

j

Not so long ago I was walking along watching the Whippets chase each other when suddenly I was flying through the air. My husbands BC had taken me out from behind at a fast rate of knots.

I became fully airborn and landed on my head, then tipped slightly from the fact he hit me slightly to one side, then back, arm and hip then my legs wacked onto the ground. I landed on compacted gravel and I can tell you I did not get up for a while and had an instant splitting headache and searing pain in my lower back. That was not including all the skin off and gravel rash.

I think the only thing that cushioned my head was the fact I landed on my pony tail.

It is entirely possible the child got taken out by the dogs. Is it the truth?? Well I guess that will come out in time. Carrying him home was very dangerous and foolish.

this is the main reason I stopped taking my dogs to the park if little kids were there,we had one woman snap her leg when hit by a dog at full speed so you can imagine what can happen to a toddler.my mother broke her hip when her dog was spooked and wrapped its lead around her legs in the driveway,I have also seen my old boxer accidently hit a friend at full speed totally up ending her,So I have a fairly open mind on this

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The concept very true infact have seen many a person go flying especially with people who use extender leads & have a friend who due to an extender lead was knocked over & broke her hip .

So yes i believe the story is very possible but i do agree why wouldn't you ring for help & leave the child where he was .

Very sad what ever the reasons is & if it is foul play then they should rot in hell

I usually don't have my mobile phone on me when I am out dog walking. It is my 'quiet' time. I like feeling I am getting away from phones etc

Yeah, I'm the same.

R.I.P. Little guy :(

I used to leave my phone at home as well when walking the dogs, but after a badly rolled ankle while walking the dogs it is now a must. It is also great should the dogs do something worth photographing. Never waste an opportunity I say.

RIP Gorgeous Little Soul.

Edited by grumpette

RIP little dude :(

I have been pulled over walking a dog (not mine) and tore the medial ligament in my knee.

I don't always have my phone on me. When I hurt my knee I didn't own a phone then, had to catch the dog and hobble to another client's house to ask to use their phone!

Off topic...

At our local park fenced in off lead park there are always big dogs running and chasing at full pelt. I am a martial arts teacher and now naturally have my knees slightly bent whenever standing around. I always pass this tip onto people at the park when they are concerned about getting knocked over or breaking a leg. I suggest this almost every time I am at the park. This is a good idea for people to do as it keeps you on the balls of your feet and allows you to move quickly and if his absorb a large amount of impact :)

I know one lady who had a hip replacement and another has had a broken leg :eek:

You only need to unlock your knees a bit, a big bend is not needed or recommended.

You gotta love that, twice they said he had admitted to hitting the child in the past. No he admitted to giving the child a smack in the past. Sigh

And funnily enough that has nothing to do with what happened.

You gotta love that, twice they said he had admitted to hitting the child in the past. No he admitted to giving the child a smack in the past. Sigh

Exactly. If he had belted the child, abused him yes it would be relevant, but smacking a child once or maybe a couple of times. It may well have just been a tap on the bum or hand. Stupid reporting.

Exactly. If he had belted the child, abused him yes it would be relevant, but smacking a child once or maybe a couple of times. It may well have just been a tap on the bum or hand. Stupid reporting.

I don't see enough information in that article to know whether he belted him or tapped him on the bum. He said "I have smacked him when he has been naughty", that doesn't really explain anything.