Fatal Crash Lake Boga

lillypilly

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It says the dog trailer was being towed by a car, so I think it's more likely the man in the car was transporting his own dogs?

I would think a transport company would use trucks, not cars and trailers?

Hopefully that may mean your dogs are safe lillypilly.

Sounds like it was a terrible accident

This was the transport run from Mildura and Swan Hill Pound to Melbourne this morning. It doesn't involve a transport company.

So far all the cats and guinea pigs have been accounted for and seem to be ok, still waiting to hear how many dogs did not make it.

Very sad situation all round.

This was the transport run from Mildura and Swan Hill Pound to Melbourne this morning. It doesn't involve a transport company.

So far all the cats and guinea pigs have been accounted for and seem to be ok, still waiting to hear how many dogs did not make it.

Very sad situation all round.

Tis strange the different accounts of the crash coming through. xx LP xx

eta - Starting Over Dog Rescue has posted on facebook and tis in this news link.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/man-and-dogs-killed-in-threevehicle-crash-at-lake-boga-20140805-100moy.html

Hugs and prayers to you at SODR xx LP xx

Edited by lillypilly

There were 14 dogs on the transport not 5 as the newspaper link states. Not all of the dogs have been accounted for yet, the cats and guinea pigs were in the car not in the trailer so they are ok physically.

Noel was in shock however he is fine physically.

Kirislin, I hope your friends foster dogs are ok, there are dogs being treated at the local vet, hopefully they will pull through.

I can't stand to think some ran off in fear from the accident site. Reminds me of the little crestie that has never been found after the breeder's dog trailer was involved in a bad accident (last year?). I still think that dog is alive and living with a family somewhere.

Scary experience for humans so imagine being in a crate, heading to the unknown and going through this. I hope all the survivors (human and animal) pull through no worse for the trauma.