Feeding Coconut In Non Oil Form

So I have Ivy on a Turmeric diet and coconut oil should be fed with Turmeric. To increase the bio-availability of Turmeric, when adding turmeric to your dog's food in the bowl also add coconut oil. Tried the oil and it was so annoying to have to melt it every time I wanted to use it. I got fed up and stopped after the jar was nearly empty. Plus when you melt it, it seems to poof in to thin air.

I saw this at my local dog food store and bought a re-packed small container. Though now reading online, the oil has been removed.

So is feeding the product above not the same as feeding the oil? As in what it offers To increase the bio-availability of Turmeric?

How can I feed coconut [oil] in an easier way?

All the bio availability means is that it is easier for the digestivite system to process.

You don't have to melt it, just carve out a teaspoon and put it in the bowl, pretty sure ivy would still eat it and they don't have to be consumed in the same mouthful to get the benefit digestively I imagine.

I stick mine under a hot tap in the sink while I prepare their food or in the microwave for 20 seconds or so. It melts the outside just enough to poor out an approximate teaspoon each

for me that's easier than scraping out the required amount

Where do you keep the oil .mine has never been rock solid ??

Its soft just mix as is in the food ,so no point making it into liquid as it often ends up at the bottom but i have melted it & no loss of product :confused:

I am in Vic and all the coconut oil I have seen is solid.

Mine eat theirs solid. Sometimes I use a fork to scrape the oil in the jar. Other times I will just scoop some out.

One time, I wasn't concentrating and I liquified the oil. Only to add the liquid oil to cold mince. Well it went solid again!

I usually do melt mine.. but I find it works quite well to scrape it in the jar with a fork so it breaks it up much like a granita/shaved ice.

Edited by Guest

Would it be possible that different brands react differently to the weather/room temperature?

I'm going to try a new brand tomorrow and see if we have been 'spoonage'.

The only one to use is the virgin cold pressed coconut oil, which is mainly sold in health food shops. When I feed it to my dogs, I just scrape it out of the jar & feed it as is, on top of their food. In summer time, I store the jar in a warm spot, so that it is nearly always in a soft or melted state. We use it for cooking & also use it on my face. I find it is the ONLY thing to relieve dry lips :)

I melted my whole jar and added a heap of turmeric to it. Then i feed it solid to the dogs but also use it myself. Great with chicken and prawns and really does seem to be helping my joints!

How much is a heap ^ (bolded words)? Is it a teaspoon or a tablespoon? More info would be appreciated.